Instead of Ronda vs Tate 3

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Degen Gambler, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Degen Gambler

Degen Gambler Silver Belt

Why not wait to see if Nunes can beat McMann next week and if she does then you have a fresh match up for Ronda. If Nunes loses or doesn't look good in victory then make the Tate fight.

2. Jblizzle

Jblizzle Red Belt

Ronda Would Alexis Davis her

[​IMG]

3. WhitebeltXL

WhitebeltXL Black Belt

Ronda Tate 3 shouldn't be happening at all. Miesha did alright in the 2nd fight, but she ain't ever beating Honda. But then again, none of these challengers deserve rematches because of the way they were beaten the first time. I'm just wondering what'll happen when she has beaten everyone at least twice. Then what? The way Rousey wins, she could clear this division twice over pretty quick.

4. BonesNose**

BonesNose** Banned Banned

Nope. Just close the division already and let's stop pretending that this shit is even serious.

5. griffithberserk

griffithberserk The Ultimate Sacrifice

This man knows whats up

6. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

they are gonna do Ronda vs tate 3 , its set in stone

7. Ashenthorn

Ashenthorn Black Belt

Nunes lost to both Alexis Davis and Cat Zingano - the girls that Ronda beat in 16 and 14 seconds. She was finished by both of them. Beating Sara McMann isn't going to change that. Nunes would need a bunch more quality wins to have a real case. On the business side of things and selling a fight, Miesha Tate is at least 30 times more popular and well known than Nunes.

8. dabouv

dabouv Purple Belt

There is no compelling match up for Ronda. Cyborg is it and I don't see what she has for her. Maybe an early punch but that is it. Cyborg at 135 or even 140 catch weight will not be the same as 145. The competition is so thin in WMMA. I'd say you take a mens division and randomly take out 95% of the fighters and that is the WMMA. There just aren't enough women fighting that they have the numbers for a competitive division. Ronda appears to be awesome but I imagine John Jones would be equally as dominant if you had as few men interested in MMA as women. He'd be fighting people who are now in the local regional shows instead of guys who were D1 wrestlers, who have done JJ since they were kids, etc... I formally trained at a pretty big time gym, one that has fighters on at least 1/4 of the ppv's and 10 years ago, when I was there, there was one woman who fought MMA.
    The only up and coming person I see that has any potential is Julianna Pena and the injury set her back and she needs quite awhile to be ready for Ronda. Maybe Ronda should take a break for awhile then come back and regain her title?

9. Th3Sav4ge

Th3Sav4ge "What the fuck is happening!?"

why? with out ronda its a competitive division. not her fault shes that much better

10. Jopo

Jopo Gold Belt

Ronda vs Tate 3 would be a massive joke of a fight to make. Tate is a horrid fighter.

11. Nameless Ghoul

Nameless Ghoul Black Belt

Who is this "John Jones"?

12. Montecristo

Montecristo Green Belt

Amanda Nunes is a decent fighter. Just because she lost doesn