Instead of getting cut, he walks into the top 10

I just about cut myself watching that fight.

Jake Shields is constantly overlooked as one of the most proven guys in the history of the sport. Among his peers he has the best wins save for GSP:

Yushin Okami
Carlos Condit
Mike Pyle (subsmission)
Paul Daley (submission)
Robbie Lawler (submission)
Jason Miller
Dan Henderson
Martin Kampmann
Ed Herman
Tyron Woodley

Demian Maia

Shields is more than rassler...he's more known for his BJJ than his rassling.

Jake Shields is constantly overlooked as one of the most proven guys in the history of the sport. Among his peers he has the best wins save for GSP:

Yushin Okami
Carlos Condit
Mike Pyle (subsmission)
Paul Daley (submission)
Jason Miller
Dan Henderson
Martin Kampmann
Ed Herman
Tyron Woodley

Demian Maia

That's a sick resume.

Yushin Okami
Carlos Condit
Mike Pyle (subsmission)
Paul Daley (submission)
Jason Miller
Dan Henderson
Martin Kampmann
Ed Herman
Tyron Woodley

Demian Maia
Pissed hot against Ed Herman. But I generally agree even though the Okami decision was very controversial and his performances against Kampmann and Woodley weren't anything to write home about.

They arent boring.

You have attention issues.

Shields is obviously a great fighter from tonight.

Theres not that many people on planet earth that can do that to maia.

If Maia had done what Shields did tonight people would talk about the fight being a great display not boring.

Main event vs the co main event make it happen dana. I got the dong via too much dong

I agree that Shields is boring, but i rooted for him tonite, just because Maia destroyed everyone on the ground except Shields. Also Shields fights to the last minute with all that he's got. So i will be his fan for that.
Okami lost some fights that showed he curled up and gave up, so may be that got him cut for not trying to fight it out.
Shields style is boring but he is a ground wizard for sure.

Shields beats Dong via cardio. Dong can only take round 1, then Shields' cardio and chin will ensure he wins the rest.

Pissed hot against Ed Herman. But I generally agree even though the Okami decision was very controversial and his performances against Kampmann and Woodley weren't anything to write home about.

In a career with that list of names - and only two losses, to the greatest welterweight of all time and Jake Ellenberger the week his father died - its not possible to explain away the whole list.

Perhaps you get some decisions to go your way, that is the nature of MMA. But to consistently beat just about everybody, is not an accident. It's statistically impossible to get gifted all those wins.

Dude is a winner and he just got passed arguably the worst matchup for him in the division. Like I said, among his peer group he has the best list of wins in the sport save for Georges.

This is why MMA sucks now. Its not really mixed martial arts. It's just about who ever can throw the most strikes and put on a brawl for the "fans" at home. If you are in the UFC and deviate from the just bleed mentality, then you risk getting cut.

He's so boring, one loss, he's gone.

Fingers.Crossed-300-x-300.jpg

Str8 clown, you should learn some respect lil dog

Boring or not shields is effective. And while it wasn't what I'd call a good fight, they rolled pretty well tonight and it was impressive to see two of the best grapplers in all the world grind and roll it out during the first 3 rounds. After those first three tho, well......

All you donks hating on shields need to quit hating (you best be hatin on gsp too). It'd be foolish for the ufc to cut jake.. he's clearly top 10 and prob will be for a while, like it or not. His grappling is elite and while it might not be pretty, its a legit threat to everyone.

I peeked into this thread thinking it was about DHK

The ay the ufc is going now they can still cut shields smfh

In a career with that list of names - and only two losses, to the greatest welterweight of all time and Jake Ellenberger the week his father died - its not possible to explain away the whole list.

Perhaps you get some decisions to go your way, that is the nature of MMA. But to consistently beat just about everybody, is not an accident. It's statistically impossible to get gifted all those wins.

Dude is a winner and he just got passed arguably the worst matchup for him in the division. Like I said, among his peer group he has the best list of wins in the sport save for Georges.
I agreed with you man. Just saying, iirc, pretty much everyone had Okami taking that fight. And I had Shields winning the Kampmann Woodley fights, he just looked kind of shitty.

Shields winning does open up a lot of future matchups. giving him a good striker like lawler or McDonald could spell doom for him. Even though he has beaten lawler before, it may be a different fight now

Back