Instant rematch for Barao?

But seriously tho, no I adisagree with instant rematch.

With TJ as champion there's tons of new matchups to make..... Macdonald, Assuncao, Wineland would be excellent

Wineland is nowhere near a title shot.

Nay, he showed nothing deserving of one, much like when JDS was starched by Cain (and that was after JDS had a win over Cain.

Thing is Barao beats everyone else in the division. He deserves to avenge his loss.

Because the fight was so close and could have gone either way yeah we demand a rematch NOW!!

But seriously tho, no I adisagree with instant rematch.

With TJ as champion there's tons of new matchups to make..... Macdonald, Assuncao, Wineland would be excellent

McDonald and Wineland are chumps.

Varao deserves a rematch if he really wants it, but reallly I think its time to move up to 145, guys looks pretty unhealthy on weigh in day and Im guessing thats why he looked so slow.

I like TJ vs. Assuncao 2, since the first fight could have gone either way. Let Barao face a top ten guy next. If he wins, then he gets to fight for the title again.

I'm not a fan of instant title rematches in most cases with a few exceptions like Silva and a few others. The reason is if you do too much too soon then where does it leave you?

I think JDS and Cain fought too much in a short time span. It kind of ruined anticipation for another matchup as they drained the well dry very quickly. Now JDS, who I think is clearly the 2nd best HW after Cain, has been shown to be dominated by him two fights in a row. However, after the prolonged beatings Cain put on him, he has to sit back and put some impressive wins together for many people to start to believe that the next fight would be a little more competitive than the last two were.

I'd rather see a guy fight two or three other fights, preferably in a short time span, get the wins and then get a rematch for the title. If the person who beat them loses the belt before then, then that could be one of the fights they have before they fight for the title again.

In short, too much too soon between the same two fighters could dampen the excitement for any future fight between those guys. If they are both good enough, they'll meet again anyway.

Everyone had him as the #1 p4p fighter in the world so of course he deserves a rematch

/s

no, wasn't a "fluke" wasn't a flash KO or sneaky sub...he got beat up for the better part of 5 rounds and finished. He simply does not deserve a rematch.

Yeah why not. Anderson got one after getting outclassed and KTFO

Not like I'm hyped to see TJ v Assuncou 2...but in saying that it makes sense for Barao to take another fight before getting another shot.

Barao Dosent deserve a instant rematch it wasn't a controversial decision in any way it was clear domination from the start with TJ finishing the fight .

no, wasn't a "fluke" wasn't a flash KO or sneaky sub...he got beat up for the better part of 5 rounds and finished. He simply does not deserve a rematch.

I think he should fight Assuncao and the winner get the winner of a Cruz vs Dilly title fight. Sound good?

You captured my feelings on the matter very well, TS.

The way he was dominated doesn't warrant an immediate rematch, but because of who Barao is and what he has done I couldn't complain if he got one.

No. Not only was he dominated; he was finished.

yeah...

imo, it's hard to keep focused for nine years. let's assume something was going on and it was a lapse, he was bored, maybe injured. no harm in having him in a tune-up fight first before a rematch.

and i agree that re-matches, especially for titles, really clogs the title picture up--usually for like a year.

Back