Instances when the better fighter just got caught and proved it in the rematch

LOL, DC got finished and TKO'd by Stipe and then completely outclassed later in their 3rd fight later in his Stipe's career. Stipe in 2015 would hurt him even worse. He's just a bad match up for him.
You re fcking retarded If you think stipe would beat 2015 DC w

So you're claiming that DC was washed up and out of his prime. But yet not addressing the fact that both he and Stipe when they fought were 2.5 years apart in age, they started their careers 5 months apart from each other and both had nearly the same amount of fights when they fought, 23 vs 22. Both guys also took about the same amount of wear n tear in their careers. It's a cute little double standard you're pushing there buddy. They were both in the same shape and prime.
NO need to argue with fedor fan If DC was in his prime against Stipe. Fedor was in his prime against werdum and bigfoot

One day I was beating my meat and I got caught by my wife, so I said: "Between my hand and you, you're the better one honey"

Best example I could find

I am just here for the sour grapes.

<28>

NO need to argue with fedor fan If DC was in his prime against Stipe. Fedor was in his prime against werdum and bigfoot

Once again, you're not addressing the fact both guys were in the same shape physically and neither way out of their prime more than the other.

I like Fedor but not really a huge fan. Much more of a Big Nog and JDS fan. Fedor was still near his prime vs both, I've always said chances are Werdum would tap him even in 2005.

mcgregor vs aldo of course

Once again, you're not addressing the fact both guys were in the same shape physically and neither way out of their prime more than the other.

I like Fedor but not really a huge fan. Much more of a Big Nog and JDS fan. Fedor was still near his prime vs both, I've always said chances are Werdum would tap him even in 2005.
Fck this DC was washed

Fck this DC was washed

LOL, once again you're not addressing that they are both a very similar age, had the same amount of fights, wear and both started their career at the same time. Neither was more of less in their prime than the other.

It's like saying Shogun beat a out of prime Rogerio in 2020 and making the excuse Rogerio was out of his prime. Shogun was in the same position. Or Big Nog vs Mir.

You get it? Or is this very simple concept too hard to understand?

Don't take the bait ya'll, this is a cleverly disguised attempt to lure people into gargling Conor's balls for beating Nate in the 2nd fight.

Aldo thinking he was the better striker and being proven wrong isn't getting caught. He chose to strike with Conor just like he does literally every other opponent he faces and found out the hard way who was better. That's the natural consequences of Conor being the better striker between them.

Mythical "Aldo who leg kicks and grapples" despite never doing so in the 5 years leading up to Conor or the 7 years afterwards is just delusional cope by fans.

13 seconds proved who was the better striker?
The only thing proved was that Conor was a petty spoiled brat and that Dana didn't care about his best champions unless they were willing to be phony clowns.

13 seconds proved who was the better striker?

Well the better striker sure as shit wasn't the guy out cold on the ground from striking.

The only thing proved was that Conor was a petty spoiled brat and that Dana didn't care about his best champions unless they were willing to be phony clowns.

Yeah man, Dana was such an asshole to Aldo that he:
  • Granted him his stated wish for a rematch "anywhere, anytime, belt or no belt" against Conor when RDA pulled out, only for Aldo to turn it down
  • Gave him an interim title shot to secure another rematch while Conor was rematching Diaz
  • Promoted him to undisputed champion and stripped undisputed champion Conor rather than strip Aldo of his made up interim belt when they needed to last minute promote Holloway/Pettis to a title fight to save a PPV to avoid having an interim interim champ
  • Gave him an immediate rematch after Holloway KO'd him (which hey, this time Aldo had no problem taking on short notice unlike Conor who he'd said he'd take. Weird eh?)
  • Gave him a #1 contenders fight when he moved to BW despite coming off of a loss at FW to Volk
  • Gave him a title shot at the vacant BW belt after he lost that #1 contenders fight
Huh. Weird. Looks to me like Aldo's the one who's been getting spoiled and extremely well treated by Dana.

GSP had already beaten BJ Penn with his grappling by Serra lol. The idea that he shouldn't have grappled Serra and only fought him standing is revisionist history. He had a perceived huge advantage there sure, but he was also perfectly capable of outgrappling him like he'd been doing to everybody post Hughes I when he got armbarred for having that karate first mentality and no world class ground game to compliment it.

As was literally proven in the rematch where he won by outgrappling Serra.

He kept it standing purely because of ego and underestimating Serra. That's not getting caught. That's making dumb mistakes and winning dumb prizes for doing so.

Cain scored 11 TDs, 1 KD, and 13:55 minutes of control in the 2nd fight

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/02a373f6503b3530

And 2 TDs, 1 KD, and 17:28 minutes of control in the 3rd fight

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/0bdc4e7ce6687367

Cain beat JDS standing both fights too sure, but it was because he had JDS fearing his grappling which he was significantly imposing on him.
Talk about revisionist history, GSP was a excellent game planner. He didn’t do the stand up game with Serra out of ego , it was simply the logical thing to do. You however have a tremendous ego if you think you can go back in time a plan the fight better than GSP. He and you, got caught.

Cain and JDS. JDS never made improvements to his gameplan in the rematches. I thought he would make adjustments in the 3rd but he had the same gameplan going in.

He beat him twice so he is. Miocic with his boxing was always a bad matchup for DC

Everyone here needs to understand that DC should've retired in like 2017 due to his back issues. It's hard to truly gauge him vs Stipe TBH. Clearly Stipe is better than battered DC. Prime DC? We don't really know the answer. Arguments can be made for both men.

LOL, once again you're not addressing that they are both a very similar age, had the same amount of fights, wear and both started their career at the same time. Neither was more of less in their prime than the other.

It's like saying Shogun beat a out of prime Rogerio in 2020 and making the excuse Rogerio was out of his prime. Shogun was in the same position. Or Big Nog vs Mir.

Speaking of Nogueira vs Mir, I was soooooo sure that the first fight was a fluke, Big Nog was sick with dengue fever and a bum knee, and that Rodrigo would dominate in a rematch
(to be fair that was the popular opinion).
Then in the rematch, Rodrigo drops Mir, FUCK YEAH TOLD YOU SO, wait what are you doing nonononooooooooooooo

But unlike Izzy's fanboys, Big Nog fans had enough dignity not to make a bunch of threads claiming that he was still better than Mir and always would be <5>

Shogun vs Rogerio is a weird trilogy too, Rua is 3-0 against Lil Nog, but every fight is seemed like Shogun has lost a step, and that Nogueira was getting closer to winning a decision.
As a Mauricio fanboy, those were some stressful match-ups...
First one was clearly for Shogun, even if Rogerio did well.

Second one, a good third of the community gave it to Lil Nog <6>
UFC 190: Rousey vs. Correia
MEDIA SCORES

Rob Tatum
CombatPress.com 29-28 Rua
CagePages.com 29-28 Rua
Craig Amos
BleacherReport.com 29-28 Rua
MMAJunkie.com 29-28 Rua
Chris Nelson
Sherdog.com 29-28 Rua
Dallas Winston
BloodyElbow.com 29-28 Rua
Luke Thomas
MMAFighting.com 29-28 Rua
MMABrasil.com.br 29-28 Rua
MMAMania.com 29-28 Rua
Rob Young
CombatPress.com 29-28 Rua
Paul Fontaine
WrestlingObserver.com 28-29 Nogueira
Brian Knapp
Sherdog.com 28-29 Nogueira
Jeff Sherwood
Sherdog.com 28-29 Nogueira
Dave Meltzer
Wrestling Observer 28-29 Nogueira

The third one, a split decision, had half of the MMA community giving it to Rogerio <NotListening>

UFC on ESPN 14: Whittaker vs. Till
MEDIA SCORES
Marcel Dorff
mmadna.nl 29-28 Rua
Matthew Wells
FanSided.com 29-28 Rua
Dominik Durniat
Polsat Sport 29-28 Rua
MMABrasil.com.br 29-28 Rua
MMAMania.com 29-28 Rua
Tristen Critchfield
Sherdog.com 29-28 Rua
Ben Duffy
Sherdog.com 29-28 Rua
Jay Pettry
Sherdog.com 29-28 Rua
Joe McDonagh
Cageside Press 29-28 Rua
MMAJunkie.com 28-29 Nogueira
Tim Burke
BloodyElbow.com 28-29 Nogueira
Phil Murphy
ESPN 28-29 Nogueira
Ryan Frederick
WrestlingObserver.com 28-29 Nogueira
Scott Fontana
Couchside Judges 28-29 Nogueira
Rob Tatum
CombatPress.com 28-29 Nogueira
Drake Riggs
TheBodyLockMMA.com 28-29 Nogueira
Nick Baldwin
theScore 28-29 Nogueira

Yeah, let's hope Bellator leaves those 2 alone now...

Back