Insomnia and energy managment

Last night I was so drowsy I dozed off and ended up waking up around 630am wide awake. I think I got like 8 hrs sleep.

What's up sherbros.

In the last few weeks I'm having trouble getting quality sleep. It has become a daily habit to be 1 hour or 2 rolling in my bed before falling asleep.
I go to bed around 12PM and my alarms rings at 7AM.. so doing the math I'm sleeping around 5hs and change a day.

The morning are the worst part because I just can't get up. If I close my eyes I fell sleep automatically. I have to set up a back up alarm 10 minutes after.

I wake up zombie mode and about 8:15 / 8:30 (when I'm at the bus near my work or the 10 minutes walk from the stop to the office) I feel fully energized.. I mean, like lifting weights, sparring, running shit...

Then it comes the work, 1 cup of coffee, a light lunch and I survive pretty well during the day until I take the bus back to my house (sometimes I take a 15 minutes nap there).

At my house at 17:30 approx I usually do things I have (procrastinate too) to do and at 20:30 I train for 1 hour (weather is kickboxing or calisthenics/weight). Then I eat, shower, etc.
I was used to sleep a 20/30 mins nap around 18hs but gave up since it would ruin my sleep later.

This is the first time in years that this happens to me.
I thought it was because I had more energy due to the diet (clean low-carb, almost gave up all sugars and junk food) or training (7 days at week) which would be normal and has happened to me before, but 3/4 weeks my body is not adapting at all.

Might be stress/anxiety too (leaving my job soon, taking a few months off and moving to another country) but honestly it does not feel like that. I'm handling it pretty well all things considered. I had an stomach ulser because of stress so I kind of know my limits and I'm far from them.

I know training at night might be detrimental to my sleep, but I have been doing it that way for years.

So.. any tips? Any of you went through something similar and found a way out?
Milk, exercise, sleeping pills and antidepressant might help.

Go to support groups and if that doesn't work you gotta join an underground fight org
Friday's night at the gym are called "Club de la Pelea" which is literally "Figtht club". Does that count?

Try winding down - shut off tv, computer, phone - a few hours earlier.

Also, I'm up to midnight most night - just cannot sleep and up at 5:45am regardless. Somedays are fucking brutal - coffee, lunch time naps, and an early workout, cut out caffeine after 2pm.
Last night I actually cut the PC and cellphone off earlier and I got a good sleep.

Update

Didnt wake up to the alarm,currently running late to work plus my neck is bleeding from shaving
Damn. Much late or just a few mins?

Biggest key is waking up and going to bed at the same time every day regardless if it's a working week or weekend, could also try melatonin, cbd or thc. I occasionally jump start it with diazepam if I'm desperate.
Yeah. Except when there is an UFC card I try to go to bed at the same time on weekends.

Milk, exercise, sleeping pills and antidepressant might help.
I think excess of exercise is part of the problem.
And gtfo with the pills and antidepressants.

What's up sherbros.

In the last few weeks I'm having trouble getting quality sleep. It has become a daily habit to be 1 hour or 2 rolling in my bed before falling asleep.
I go to bed around 12PM and my alarms rings at 7AM.. so doing the math I'm sleeping around 5hs and change a day.

The morning are the worst part because I just can't get up. If I close my eyes I fell sleep automatically. I have to set up a back up alarm 10 minutes after.

I wake up zombie mode and about 8:15 / 8:30 (when I'm at the bus near my work or the 10 minutes walk from the stop to the office) I feel fully energized.. I mean, like lifting weights, sparring, running shit...

Then it comes the work, 1 cup of coffee, a light lunch and I survive pretty well during the day until I take the bus back to my house (sometimes I take a 15 minutes nap there).

At my house at 17:30 approx I usually do things I have (procrastinate too) to do and at 20:30 I train for 1 hour (weather is kickboxing or calisthenics/weight). Then I eat, shower, etc.
I was used to sleep a 20/30 mins nap around 18hs but gave up since it would ruin my sleep later.

This is the first time in years that this happens to me.
I thought it was because I had more energy due to the diet (clean low-carb, almost gave up all sugars and junk food) or training (7 days at week) which would be normal and has happened to me before, but 3/4 weeks my body is not adapting at all.

Might be stress/anxiety too (leaving my job soon, taking a few months off and moving to another country) but honestly it does not feel like that. I'm handling it pretty well all things considered. I had an stomach ulser because of stress so I kind of know my limits and I'm far from them.

I know training at night might be detrimental to my sleep, but I have been doing it that way for years.

So.. any tips? Any of you went through something similar and found a way out?

Did somebody say...

Back