1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Insomnia and energy managment

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by SalvadorAllende, Jan 22, 2020.

1. SalvadorAllende Steel Belt

What's up sherbros.

In the last few weeks I'm having trouble getting quality sleep. It has become a daily habit to be 1 hour or 2 rolling in my bed before falling asleep.
    I go to bed around 12PM and my alarms rings at 7AM.. so doing the math I'm sleeping around 5hs and change a day.

The morning are the worst part because I just can't get up. If I close my eyes I fell sleep automatically. I have to set up a back up alarm 10 minutes after.

I wake up zombie mode and about 8:15 / 8:30 (when I'm at the bus near my work or the 10 minutes walk from the stop to the office) I feel fully energized.. I mean, like lifting weights, sparring, running shit...

Then it comes the work, 1 cup of coffee, a light lunch and I survive pretty well during the day until I take the bus back to my house (sometimes I take a 15 minutes nap there).

At my house at 17:30 approx I usually do things I have (procrastinate too) to do and at 20:30 I train for 1 hour (weather is kickboxing or calisthenics/weight). Then I eat, shower, etc.
    I was used to sleep a 20/30 mins nap around 18hs but gave up since it would ruin my sleep later.

This is the first time in years that this happens to me.
    I thought it was because I had more energy due to the diet (clean low-carb, almost gave up all sugars and junk food) or training (7 days at week) which would be normal and has happened to me before, but 3/4 weeks my body is not adapting at all.

Might be stress/anxiety too (leaving my job soon, taking a few months off and moving to another country) but honestly it does not feel like that. I'm handling it pretty well all things considered. I had an stomach ulser because of stress so I kind of know my limits and I'm far from them.

I know training at night might be detrimental to my sleep, but I have been doing it that way for years.

So.. any tips? Any of you went through something similar and found a way out?

2. TribalDrumz Silver Belt

That's not even close to Insomnia man

3. Threetrees Free Jon Gruden

Caffiene?

4. Bubzeh Silver Belt

Best of luck Jonathan.

5. PinkFlammingo Green Belt

Id figure training at night would help you catch z's. Why not lift some weights?

6. Sonny Qc 86,425 Likes

Champagne Room of a Stripclub, Eating Arse.
    Do you jerk off before going to sleep.

If not, ... you're welcome.

7. Estemachine Gold Belt

Workout hard during the day, the earlier the better, drink caffeine early, and that's it no coffee later, don't exercise too late.

That and smoking weed a couple hours before bed do the trick.

8. Midnighter Silver Belt

Stop training late.

9. loyalyolayal Banned Banned

10. Aranha21 Green Belt

I'm currently averaging about 3 hours a night due to work stress/anxiety issues. I work 6am - 2pm. I probably fall asleep around 11pm but without fail I wake up about 2am and cannot get back to sleep.

I'm really struggling tbh. Any tips would be great

11. Cole train Gold Belt

not insomnia

Personally i sleep 3 to 4 hours a night lol

12. Solid Steel Belt

Melatonin

13. SalvadorAllende Steel Belt

Only 1 cup of black coffee withouth sugar in the morning when I arrive at work. Used to drink other in the afternoon but I quit it.

Thanks bro. My name is without the H tho.

Training pumps me worse. I train for 1 hour pretty hard at KB (summer here, 25°C minimum at night, I sweat my ass off) and have nothing left by the end of the class. 1 hour goes by and I catch a 2nd wind or something and I'm ready to go again.

Sadly I work during the day. I'm going to change my "no KB days" and train earlier. Maybe at 18hs.
    I haven't been smoking weed in a while. That might help.

I'm 32 and my dick works pretty well tbh.

No jerk off. Sex once or twice during the week with a girl that sleeps at my house. I sleep a little bit better those nights.

How the hell? I would not survive that.

Last resort maybe

It is for me man!

Holy shit dude. Have you been able to find the sources of your stress? Try to put distance between that and yourself. Usually it's not worth it.

14. PinkFlammingo Green Belt

Might sound dumb but why not read a book or study some mma post workout if you got a second wind. Build your mental. Visualizing bjj sweeps etc helps me fall asleep when i cant

15. FamousSFO Green Belt

Without aid I get 3-4 hours tops, after tossing in bed 5 hours. Been like this for years and really fucks with my head and short term memory. The only thing that's helped is throwing on a Rain track. Even if I don't fall asleep right away it takes my mind off of me being pissed off that 4 hours later I haven't fallen asleep.

16. Solid Steel Belt

17. SalvadorAllende Steel Belt

You know.. visualizing kickboxing and mauy thai drills helps me too. Sometimes I can't focus tho.
    Reading a book can work too. I think tonight I'm turning off the PC earlier and reading.

Will try.

18. Bitcoin Green Belt

YOu probably have AIDS and have two weeks to live. Or that's what every Sherdogger tells me when I bring a problem to this board.

19. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

Insufficent sleep makes you a danger to yourself and to society.

First, make your sleep area cold. A fan pointed at head, cool breeze from window. Second, set the TV timer to turn off after like 90 minutes. Third, don't think about anything and just lie absolutely still and slow your breathing. You have to be comfortable.

20. TankAbbott4Eva Gold Belt

Workout during the day, smoke week in the evening and jerk off, you’ll sleep awesome!