Insight into Israeli/Jewish mindset?

Except that genetically ashkenazis are half-european and physiologically virtually undistinguisable, your genetic origins dont really matter when you look and act like someone, you are that someone.

Which is why Yiddish is distinguishable compared to Hebrew. Different admixture.

Israel is forever the Mother Land.

A Jewish friend of mine explained to me why Jews make such good lawyers. Its because theyre spending their lives analyzing every word in the 74 volumes of the Talmud and its millions of obscure laws and prohibitions. So theyre constantly trying to find loopholes around them without breaking the letter of the law, like the special elevators that stop on every floor on Saturdays so they wont violate Shabbat.

When youre always trying to outsmart G_d, youre gonna develop some cunning.

roff I like this post.

Which is why Yiddish is distinguishable compared to Hebrew. Different admixture.

Israel is forever the Mother Land.

The dont bitch about people considering you not part of western culture.

A bunch of white people pretending to not be white bragging about how successful they are lol. Have any of you looked in the fucking mirror lately? You are white! You are not special.

It actually is the exception. Being a Chinaman is nothing special.
White people are special. Each one like a snowflake coming down in the dark night.

When you are raised this way it creates a bigoted mind set, and MANY Jews display this behavior, I've seen it first hand and have nearly kicked the shit out of a few people over it. I let them off with a warning but make no mistake, their racist BS doesn't continue if I'm around.

But imagine an entire country of these bigots and you know why Israel is so fucked up.

media-4997-w400-c0x0x29x102-q100.jpg

The levant.

You really don't have to explain to me about being Jewish. Whether you are Roberto Benigni, Paula Abdul, Corey Haim, Jerry Seinfeld, George Soros, Benjamin Netanyahu, if you are Jewish you are Jewish. No matter the weather.

Brotha.

My point is that jewish people are superior when they live in western countries, the fact that Israel was about to fail as a country until a massive amount of european jews arrived who had already learned valuable skills in a foreign country still remains.

Without the Russian diaspora Israel would be a failed state by now.

How do you know it would've "failed", thats just wild speculation.
Without the Russian diaspora Israel wouldn't even exist, they were the first to make aliyah.

You replied to a post of mine that was arguing about jewish exceptionalism by pointin g out that Israel is not an exceptional country.

Its far easier to be an elite minority than run an elite country.

You said "When they actually have to run a country, they dont do that well" and that is what I replied to by saying that they do "do well", even more than just "well".
Also, Israel is most definitely an exceptional country, the mere amount of threads on it in WR would show you that.

Really? So Israel had better trade opportunities than post-WW2 Japan? more hostile neighbours than South Korea?

Again with these silly red herrings. When was the last time SK was in a war? How many countries don't recognize it? How many ethnical minorities does SK have, especially those that don't affiliate with it? How about religious tensions, how many of the world population claim to have holy sites on SK land and want it for themselves? How much South-Koreans are hated in the world and seen as an abomination? How many world terror organizations declared war on SK?

Should we continue this?

Jews have been shaped far more by western culture than viceversa, Chomsky culture is western not middle eastern.

His culture is Western, which by itself was partly shaped by Jews. 2 things you tried to dichotomize.

Einstein was a german scientist, he was born in Germany, went to a german school and had german professors, him being "jewish" had absolutely nothing to do with his success. Throw him in the middle of a Mizrahi community at the time and he would had been a cobbler or a merchant.

Thats bollox and just your personal speculation. Of course him being Jewish had influence, it was part of who he was. I can speculate just as successfully that had he been born in a religious Christian family, he wouldn't have achieved what he did.

You said "When they actually have to run a country, they dont do that well" and that is what I replied to by saying that they do "do well", even more than just "well".
Also, Israel is most definitely an exceptional country, the mere amount of threads on it in WR would show you that.

That well, when compared to jews in europe that was my whole argument.

And sure, all countries are exceptional in their own ways, im talking about the markers used to qualify different demographics here.

And no, Israeli jews are not even as close as doing as well as american or german jews.

Again with these silly red herrings. When was the last time SK was in a war? How many countries don't recognize it? How many ethnical minorities does SK have, especially those that don't affiliate with it? How about religious tensions, how many of the world population claim to have holy sites on SK land and want it for themselves? How much South-Koreans are hated in the world and seen as an abomination? How many world terror organizations declared war on SK?

When was the last time Israel proper was invaded? when was the last time Israel was chopped in half? im sorry but comparing the little skirmishes Israel has participated to the Korean war is a joke.

Should we continue this?

His culture is Western, which by itself was partly shaped by Jews. 2 things you tried to dichotomize.

This a catch 22.

Thats bollox and just your personal speculation. Of course him being Jewish had influence, it was part of who he was. I can speculate just as successfully that had he been born in a religious Christian family, he wouldn't have achieved what he did.

LOL,

You are trying to say that if Einstein had been the son of a mizrahi cobbler in the middle of late XIX arabia, he would had come up with the theory of relativity? dont be dellusional.

That well, when compared to jews in europe that was my whole argument.

And sure, all countries are exceptional in their own ways, im talking about the markers used to qualify different demographics here.
All countries are exceptional but not all are successful.

When was the last time Israel proper was invaded? when was the last time Israel was chopped in half? im sorry but comparing the little skirmishes Israel has participated to the Korean war is a joke.

Are you for real? SK last war was 60 years ago! Israel's main city was bombed last summer, while it had to freeze half of the country and recruit 80,000 citizens for a military operation. I agree, comparing these realities is a joke.

LOL,

You are trying to say that if Einstein had been the son of a mizrahi cobbler in the middle of late XIX arabia, he would had come up with the theory of relativity? dont be dellusional.

Of course not, but that doesn't exempt the fact that he was Jewish and that it had an obvious affect on him.

But, of course he could've been great in a different way, ever heard of this guy?

No peacocking. Just my own personal experience to contribute to the topic. And yes sir, I did grow up on a farm. Bailing hay by hand, feeding the livestock, driving tractors, and gardening. The rest is to tiring to even write about.. But yes. Born and raised on a farm and bought my own after I got out of the service. Not Kosher. I am a secular Jew, though I will attend Synagogue roughly 3 times a year.

It just piqued my interest when you brought it up. I grew up around lots of jews. Farming is an unheard of occupation for jews around here, aside from the wealthy ones who decided they had enough of urban life, and bought a farm (very expensive proposition nowadays) and moved out. It is like being a hipster only in the opposite direction for them.

Should we continue this?

Rod is left grasping at air.

Back