1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Insight into Israeli/Jewish mindset?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Kneepocalypse, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

I honestly hope this thread is just the usual trolling, but I doubt it...

2. IngaVovchanchyn Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

So now you have moved on from stereotyping mindsets based on race to baseless ad hominem arguments? You go girl.

3. IDL Steel Belt

Not everyone is the same, but it's fair to see commonalities in this regard. Held to various levels.

According to this, two thirds of Israeli Jews see themselves as the chosen people
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chosen_people

The concept of being chosen by God is part of a belief system.

4. aldenton Blue Belt

How dare you ! DAS RACIST!

5. dontsnitch Steel Belt

I'm all for pointing out that correlation does not equal causation, and it's obviously not true that all Jewish people think they are better or chosen, but I do think people are tentative to jump on this bandwagon because they don't want to be called racist, especially anti-semitic.

Usually we can get a few dozen people making stereotypes of virtually any other group, if the TS had been about Liberals or Christians or feminists, even other races, more people would bite.

6. Kneepocalypse This is your god now.

I guess so, as you are clearly an idiot.

7. IngaVovchanchyn Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

Sick burn. Do you do much else besides name calling and racial stereotyping?

8. aldenton Blue Belt

out of curiousity, do you have anything objective to add?

9. felmmando Red Belt

Let's spell out your critique further. Some years, there is a weak field of candidates and on those years the Academy bestows Nobel prizes on Jewish mediocrities. Other years, there is a strong field of candidates and then they give the prizes to distinguished researchers of other faiths. I suppose this is possible, but what would be the point of such a policy? Why not make it a policy to give a Nobel prize to a Christian or Buddhist mediocrity when the pool is weak? (Actually, your premises sound dubious from the start. Nobody earns a Nobel prize for one year of achievement. The research that puts people in contention for a Nobel takes so long, that there won't be great variation from one year to another. Sure, people make breakthroughs in a given year, but most of the time this was someone whose standing in his field would have been very high the previous year.)

Why would Jews be the only ones who could afford a chess coach? Do chess coaches really command such high rates? Even if they did, why couldn't a wealthy Arab oil sheik or one of the many gentiles on the Forbes list afford one?

I could go on scrutinizing your claims, but I'd rather ask instead: what set of achievements would you consider to truly confer upon the members of a faith the distinction you say the Judaic creed claims illegitimately?

10. IDL Steel Belt

It's that Jewish privilege that everyone talks about :icon_lol:

11. felmmando Red Belt

I don't, but making this mistake on an MMA site is completely forgivable.

12. JosephDredd Gold Belt

I have also seen this aspect of Jewish people, but attributed it to the Jewish circles in which I was noticing it in. I've noticed the same thing in other ethnic circles. Another notable time I heard people speaking like this was when I was at a very wealthy and exclusive Iranian New Years event: the Persians were literally echoing what I'd heard select Jewish (and other) groups saying, and is exactly what the OP is pointing out.

13. Rex Kwon Do ál-ḥámdúlílláh

Have you noticed this about Koreans, TS? I'm pretty sure you said you live there in another thread. Because I've met a lot of Koreans in my life and they are quite a proud people, to put it lightly. On the other hand, I've never seen much bragging from Jewish people, and I live in the most Jewish area of the world outside of Israel.

14. Rod1 Titanium Belt

Funny that only the jews living in europeans civilization achieve such feats.

Israel was nearly a failed state until they received a million, well educated russian jews.

15. Kneepocalypse This is your god now.

They def take a lot of pride, but they are acutely aware of how small their country is and seem to want to "catch up" to the big boys more than anything else. Im sure a lot of them think they are the best, but I dont see them going around saying that they are better than other people. It's also different because they dont share a single religion, tho Christianity is most prevalent, and there is no belief/teaching system in place that tells them they are better.

16. Zoti Brown Belt

Man you're bitter. Just admit you are jealous and be done with it.

17. IngaVovchanchyn Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

Out of curiosity, do you?

It is objectively absurd to try stereotype an individual's mindset based on their race. It always kinda sorta make sense, except that it doesn't. Since this is an MMA website, allow me to liken it to MMAth. It seems to make sense, but it has almost no predictive value.

The response to that thus far has been chiefly name calling, which is hardly objective.

18. Zoti Brown Belt

It's just the usual Sherdog jew/israel hate. They lost interest in Cecil and cops killing unarmed people is a daily occurrence now so let's hate the jews and blame israel for everything that is bad in the Middle East and the world.

19. Zoti Brown Belt

Bravo. Not for the content of the response but for putting the effort to reply to such idiotic claims.

20. IDL Steel Belt

And Dat Rothschild money doe