Insight into Israeli/Jewish mindset?

I honestly hope this thread is just the usual trolling, but I doubt it...

So because people who share an ethnicity/religion have differences, they can't possibly share certain beliefs... even though they share a specific ethnicity/religion? You think like an imbecile and write like a person who takes too much pride in his utterly mediocre education.

So now you have moved on from stereotyping mindsets based on race to baseless ad hominem arguments? You go girl.

Ah, so understand hundreds of Jews and understand millions. The suggestion that people would share a mindset because they share an ethnicity is absurd. Do you think the Jews who vote for Likud and the Jews who vote for Labor share a mindset? Do you think Jews living in Brooklyn share a mindset with Jews living in France? Do you think orthodox Jews share a mindset with secular atheist Jews?

Not everyone is the same, but it's fair to see commonalities in this regard. Held to various levels.

According to this, two thirds of Israeli Jews see themselves as the chosen people
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chosen_people

The concept of being chosen by God is part of a belief system.

I'm all for pointing out that correlation does not equal causation, and it's obviously not true that all Jewish people think they are better or chosen, but I do think people are tentative to jump on this bandwagon because they don't want to be called racist, especially anti-semitic.

Usually we can get a few dozen people making stereotypes of virtually any other group, if the TS had been about Liberals or Christians or feminists, even other races, more people would bite.

As for these nobel prizes and medical prizes, they have to give them out every year or so right? So that means they have to go fishing, dont they? I am pretty sure they are some years, that has a weak pool, but someone has to win. It is like the NFL draft.

As for being chess champions, the jews are the only ones who can and willing to afford a coach. I doubt these jews are self taught, school of hard knocks.

All those others can be bought with a bribe or just plain old fashion nepotism. Those do not prove anything absolutely.

Let's spell out your critique further. Some years, there is a weak field of candidates and on those years the Academy bestows Nobel prizes on Jewish mediocrities. Other years, there is a strong field of candidates and then they give the prizes to distinguished researchers of other faiths. I suppose this is possible, but what would be the point of such a policy? Why not make it a policy to give a Nobel prize to a Christian or Buddhist mediocrity when the pool is weak? (Actually, your premises sound dubious from the start. Nobody earns a Nobel prize for one year of achievement. The research that puts people in contention for a Nobel takes so long, that there won't be great variation from one year to another. Sure, people make breakthroughs in a given year, but most of the time this was someone whose standing in his field would have been very high the previous year.)

Why would Jews be the only ones who could afford a chess coach? Do chess coaches really command such high rates? Even if they did, why couldn't a wealthy Arab oil sheik or one of the many gentiles on the Forbes list afford one?

I could go on scrutinizing your claims, but I'd rather ask instead: what set of achievements would you consider to truly confer upon the members of a faith the distinction you say the Judaic creed claims illegitimately?

"Jews are a famously accomplished group. They make up 0.2 percent of the world population, but 54 percent of the world chess champions, 27 percent of the Nobel physics laureates and 31 percent of the medicine laureates.

Jews make up 2 percent of the U.S. population, but 21 percent of the Ivy League student bodies, 26 percent of the Kennedy Center honorees, 37 percent of the Academy Award-winning directors, 38 percent of those on a recent Business Week list of leading philanthropists, 51 percent of the Pulitzer Prize winners for nonfiction."

Also dominate the 3 most influential industries- NY news media, Hollywood, and Wall Street. Silicon Valley/tech is an exception with lots of gentiles in power. As are commodities like mining and oil.

It's that Jewish privilege that everyone talks about :icon_lol:

Thanks to Facebook I stumbled upon a group/page that one of my Jewish acquaintances post on. There was a video about an Israeli doctor who had created a very innovative surgical procedure (very awesome), but I was completely blown away by the comments that people left.

They were in the vein of, "...Only the chosen people could have done this!" "...We are truly God's people!!" and on and on about how Jewish people, in their minds, are literally better than everyone else. Now, I know a lot of us think that whatever creed we belong to is the best, but I didn't know that Jewish people have been indoctrinated with the clear belief that they are a superior people.

Is this pretty indicative of Israeli/Jewish people overall? I don't know that many Jewish people so I can't tell for sure, but these comments and similar ones were the majority of the responses, and it was a bit disturbing.

I have also seen this aspect of Jewish people, but attributed it to the Jewish circles in which I was noticing it in. I've noticed the same thing in other ethnic circles. Another notable time I heard people speaking like this was when I was at a very wealthy and exclusive Iranian New Years event: the Persians were literally echoing what I'd heard select Jewish (and other) groups saying, and is exactly what the OP is pointing out.

Have you noticed this about Koreans, TS? I'm pretty sure you said you live there in another thread. Because I've met a lot of Koreans in my life and they are quite a proud people, to put it lightly. On the other hand, I've never seen much bragging from Jewish people, and I live in the most Jewish area of the world outside of Israel.

"Jews are a famously accomplished group. They make up 0.2 percent of the world population, but 54 percent of the world chess champions, 27 percent of the Nobel physics laureates and 31 percent of the medicine laureates.

Jews make up 2 percent of the U.S. population, but 21 percent of the Ivy League student bodies, 26 percent of the Kennedy Center honorees, 37 percent of the Academy Award-winning directors, 38 percent of those on a recent Business Week list of leading philanthropists, 51 percent of the Pulitzer Prize winners for nonfiction."

Also dominate the 3 most influential industries- NY news media, Hollywood, and Wall Street. Silicon Valley/tech is an exception with lots of gentiles in power. As are commodities like mining and oil.

Funny that only the jews living in europeans civilization achieve such feats.

Israel was nearly a failed state until they received a million, well educated russian jews.

Have you noticed this about Koreans, TS? I'm pretty sure you said you live there in another thread. Because I've met a lot of Koreans in my life and they are quite a proud people, to put it lightly. On the other hand, I've never seen much bragging from Jewish people, and I live in the most Jewish area of the world outside of Israel.

They def take a lot of pride, but they are acutely aware of how small their country is and seem to want to "catch up" to the big boys more than anything else. Im sure a lot of them think they are the best, but I dont see them going around saying that they are better than other people. It's also different because they dont share a single religion, tho Christianity is most prevalent, and there is no belief/teaching system in place that tells them they are better.

As for these nobel prizes and medical prizes, they have to give them out every year or so right? So that means they have to go fishing, dont they? I am pretty sure they are some years, that has a weak pool, but someone has to win. It is like the NFL draft.]/quote]

As for being chess champions, the jews are the only ones who can and willing to afford a coach. I doubt these jews are self taught, school of hard knocks.

All those others can be bought with a bribe or just plain old fashion nepotism. Those do not prove anything absolutely.

Man you're bitter. Just admit you are jealous and be done with it.

out of curiousity, do you have anything objective to add?

Out of curiosity, do you?

It is objectively absurd to try stereotype an individual's mindset based on their race. It always kinda sorta make sense, except that it doesn't. Since this is an MMA website, allow me to liken it to MMAth. It seems to make sense, but it has almost no predictive value.

The response to that thus far has been chiefly name calling, which is hardly objective.

I honestly hope this thread is just the usual trolling, but I doubt it...

It's just the usual Sherdog jew/israel hate. They lost interest in Cecil and cops killing unarmed people is a daily occurrence now so let's hate the jews and blame israel for everything that is bad in the Middle East and the world.

Let's spell out your critique further. Some years, there is a weak field of candidates and on those years the Academy bestows Nobel prizes on Jewish mediocrities. Other years, there is a strong field of candidates and then they give the prizes to distinguished researchers of other faiths. I suppose this is possible, but what would be the point of such a policy? Why not make it a policy to give a Nobel prize to a Christian or Buddhist mediocrity when the pool is weak? (Actually, your premises sound dubious from the start. Nobody earns a Nobel prize for one year of achievement. The research that puts people in contention for a Nobel takes so long, that there won't be great variation from one year to another. Sure, people make breakthroughs in a given year, but most of the time this was someone whose standing in his field would have been very high the previous year.)

Why would Jews be the only ones who could afford a chess coach? Do chess coaches really command such high rates? Even if they did, why couldn't a wealthy Arab oil sheik or one of the many gentiles on the Forbes list afford one?

I could go on scrutinizing your claims, but I'd rather ask instead: what set of achievements would you consider to truly confer upon the members of a faith the distinction you say the Judaic creed claims illegitimately?

Bravo. Not for the content of the response but for putting the effort to reply to such idiotic claims.

Funny that only the jews living in europeans civilization achieve such feats.

Israel was nearly a failed state until they received a million, well educated russian jews.

And Dat Rothschild money doe

Back