Inside BJJ with Kurt Osiander on Lloyd Irvin

tf- did Matt train on Monday like he said he would? Tell him we are dilligently keeping track of his bjj progress.

PS- forget all that inverted DLR stuff you are watching on Mendes website- that stuff aint good for a recreational old guy like you and me.

tf- did Matt train on Monday like he said he would? Tell him we are dilligently keeping track of his bjj progress.

PS- forget all that inverted DLR stuff you are watching on Mendes website- that stuff aint good for a recreational old guy like you and me.

No Matt did not train. He said he's going tonight for sure. We will see.

Mendes Bros are almost as awesome as Keenan.

If you guys want to listen to straight BJJ talk- there are a handful of other podcasts that do that- openmatradio.com, thefightworkspodcast.com , budovideos - This Week in BJJ youtube podcast, etc.

I enjoy all those shows, and still really enjoy insideBJJ's podcast.

It is the only place I can hear the other hosts make fun of each other's ethnicity, and call each others homos (in a loving non hateful way) for pulling guard or watching Les Miserables.

Word. I think I just got my first exposure to this podcast now and I was too eager to hear Kurt Osiander, so I couldn't take all the talk. That said, every podcast is different and I'm sure this one's good. Just didn't get enough exposure and understanding of the people running it yet :)

Unfortunately weekday Sean and weekend Sean are the same. Kurt is a lot cooler than me :(

Kurt's a lot cooler than everybody. I wouldn't let it worry you. Personally, I don't know that I'm willing to do the things I'd have to do to be that cool.

If you guys want to listen to straight BJJ talk- there are a handful of other podcasts that do that- openmatradio.com, thefightworkspodcast.com , budovideos - This Week in BJJ youtube podcast, etc.

I enjoy all those shows, and still really enjoy insideBJJ's podcast.

It is the only place I can hear the other hosts make fun of each other's ethnicity, and call each others homos (in a loving non hateful way) for pulling guard or watching Les Miserables.

That's why I enjoy it too!

just downloaded the podcast keep up the good work. Looking forward to hearing kurt's take as he always says something interesting.

Probably somethin along the lines of
"Lloyd? He fucked up a long time ago"

HAHA! But seriously, Kurt was enjoying some Bay Area weed or something because he didn't sound all there. Was kinda disappointing actually, but whatever, better than no Kurt at all. Haha

Listened to that one and ended up going back to listen to a few more. The guy that does the brazilian impersonation kills me. Really funny group of dudes.

No Matt did not train. He said he's going tonight for sure. We will see.

Mendes Bros are almost as awesome as Keenan.

I think Mendes and Keenan are awesome- but talk to me in 5 years when your back and neck are sore as you are repeatedly smashed by that big black belt while you are inverted.

Kurt was baked! It was hilarious!

I'm a fan of their podcast and enjoy the banter between the hosts.

HAHA! But seriously, Kurt was enjoying some Bay Area weed or something because he didn't sound all there. Was kinda disappointing actually, but whatever, better than no Kurt at all. Haha

if you look into some older episode, they have one with Kurt Osiander.

much better, longer etc..he talks about the old days with Cesar etc..

The guys on the podcast made fun of one of my Sherdog posts!

I'm so honored, and shall remember this day forever. However, since y'all told me to lose some weight--unsubbed.

It's di-SKIP-ull-us by the way. :wink:

Edit: Legitimately interested in those big guy techniques, by the way.

Last edited:
I think Mendes and Keenan are awesome- but talk to me in 5 years when your back and neck are sore as you are repeatedly smashed by that big black belt while you are inverted.

One of many of the gi techniques/positions I don't like. I understand it, have used it a couple of times and just don't like it. One of the things my old catch coach used to yell at me during rolling was "don't get stacked". On a side note,I was rolling with one our purples a couple of weeks ago and he went inverted. I got out,stood up and was like if this was the street, I'd just kick or stomp him in the head.

Why do you have to specify that he's a "black" belt.

That's racist.

All right, giving this show a second chance.
I'm laughing, good stuff.

Back