Insane Olympic Lifting Training Vid...

If u wanna check out someone p4p that is the strongest check out Haili Mutlu of Turkey C&J 3times his BW. But Dimas is my favorite lifter of all-time; clutch performances in Olympics(3 golds in a row then one silver); he also snatched 180.5kg in Atlanta which would have put him 8th in the super heavy class

Dimas won 3 gold and a bronze at Athens, personally I think he's a bit more impressive than some of the little guys cause his body shape is quite normal. Technically he has some shocking flaws, a horrible lockout etc but he is still a tremendous athlete and very close to getting that elusive fourth gold.

that was awesome
im gunna definetly get back to doing my cleans....once again, awesome

Alon said:
Dimas won 3 gold and a bronze at Athens, personally I think he's a bit more impressive than some of the little guys cause his body shape is quite normal. Technically he has some shocking flaws, a horrible lockout etc but he is still a tremendous athlete and very close to getting that elusive fourth gold.
Could you explain on the lockout? I don't like to assume.

And how "elusive" is that 4th gold? Has anyone weightlifter won 4?

I like how he just bounced the bar off him like it weighed nothing at the end of the vid, badass.

so fast and smooth, he weighed around 185 did the guy say?...

damnn man 200 kilo's thats fucking insane and he did that sooo smooth and quick. amazing!!!

Madmick said:
Could you explain on the lockout? I don't like to assume.

And how "elusive" is that 4th gold? Has anyone weightlifter won 4?
By lockout I mean the way that his shoulders and elbows hold the bar above his head. Ideally the elbows will be slightly overextended and the shoulders flexible enough to allow for this. In Dimas' case his arms can't fully extend and he looks pretty uncomfortable, this makes things much harder since he has to be constantly holding the weight up with his arms which is obviously tough with 200+kg

If you want to see a proper lockout just look at most female weightlifters, and many of the Asian weightlifters, they've generally got great shoulder flexibility and elbows that will "overlock"

As for the 4 gold medals, I don't think anyone's ever done it, I think Dimas came the closest. Suley would have won 4 had he not started 5kg's above everyone else's last attempts in Sydney if I recall correctly. A few lifters have done the 3 gold medals but 4 is really asking a lot, that's a minimum 12 years at the absolute peak of the sport, insane.

Apologies Dimas did get the bronze I forgot Rybakou. No lifter has ever won 4 golds in a row. Mutlu would have had a chance in Beijing but I think he is banned currently; also Khakisivilli of Greece had chance in Athens as well. Reza the super heavy is trying to be the 1st super heavy to win 3 and he has no one to push him. He sets a world record at every major meet with ease. That had freakish strength. I wish someone would push him so we could see what he could really do (600 lb C&J maybe a 500 lb snatch). SO STRONG!

If you have never seen training hall tapes I suggest going to Ironmind.com and purchasing some. You will see some amazing stuff done in training. Aranda of Cuba the day after winning the gold at Worlds back squats 290 kg for a double at 69kg BW; he also cleaned a world record 205.5 the night before.

Redman2919 said:
Apologies Dimas did get the bronze I forgot Rybakou. No lifter has ever won 4 golds in a row. Mutlu would have had a chance in Beijing but I think he is banned currently; also Khakisivilli of Greece had chance in Athens as well. Reza the super heavy is trying to be the 1st super heavy to win 3 and he has no one to push him. He sets a world record at every major meet with ease. That had freakish strength. I wish someone would push him so we could see what he could really do (600 lb C&J maybe a 500 lb snatch). SO STRONG!

If you have never seen training hall tapes I suggest going to Ironmind.com and purchasing some. You will see some amazing stuff done in training. Aranda of Cuba the day after winning the gold at Worlds back squats 290 kg for a double at 69kg BW; he also cleaned a world record 205.5 the night before.
Hmm I don't know about Reza, he's gained a shitload of weight since Sydney and for all the talk he did of a 270 clean & jerk I don't think he even took a third attempt in Qatar. That and I've heard he's very lazy in training. All in all I don't think he'll last probably because of injuries from his technique. I'd love to see Chigishev challenge Reza in the Clean & Jerk but you never really know what'll happen, that guy is damn impressive though.

Just wow. That video is so going to help my technique. I have not been doing clean and jerk right. My snatch technique is right on the money but my clean and jerk is not.

Have to add that hip pop thing he does.

Also, the way he moved 100kg like it was just the bar was fucking scary.

That was his first warmup on Clean and Jerk. That kind of effortless power @ 100kg is insane.

Respect to all of those lifters. wow.

Was Chigishev the guy, who beat Reza in the snatch in Quatar?

graedy said:
Was Chigishev the guy, who beat Reza in the snatch in Quatar?
Yep, 211kg versus 210kg, I think Chigishev was weighing 123 at the time.

seen it before but nonetheless fucking amazing. his transition from 1st to 2nd pull is so smooth. and his 2nd pull and hip pop is amazing.

Great form. Dimas is one of my favorite lifters along with Boevski and Pocket Hercules

Thanks for posting this video and thanks Remy for making it available for download. This is going to help my form a ton. These guys are SOOOOO incredibly powerful, it is amazing. I agree NK, much respect to all these guys and much respect to Alon for throwing his hat in and competing. Thanks for all you help man.

Chigesev is phenomenal! To snatch what he does at that body weight he is just pure explosion. I have heard the same about Reza but he still has 2 more years to gear up and he won in Qatar just not the snatch. I hope he will turn it on for Beijing but lets be honest he really doesn't have to because of his superior strength; I have heard he does 5 X 5 back squat with 300kg. Plus when he was younger he high jumper over 6'4 thats how they found him.

Ok, so he has SOME power... but how much can he tricep kickback?

Back