Inoue will be in attendance for Roman/Cuadras, eyes the winner mid-2017 (appears to be penciled in)

Who ya got?

• Total voters

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
http://www.asianboxing.info/asian-n...17?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Earlier today the Japanese press reported that WBO Super Flyweight sensation Naoya Inoue (10-0, 8) [井上 尚弥] would be travelling over to the US to watch the upcoming WBC Super Flyweight world title bout, between defending champion Carlos Cuadras (35-0-1, 27) Nicaraguan star Roman Gonzalez (45-0, 38), in person.

Inoue, who defends his own title just days earlier in a crazy 11 day span for the Super Flyweight division, will be travelling to further build up the potential Inoue Vs Gonzalez super fight which appears to be pencilled in for mid-2017, if both Inoue and Gonzalez come through their upcoming bouts without any injuries.

The idea seems to be for Inoue to make his US debut in Spring 2017 now with his bout acting as a chief support bout to a Roman Gonzalez contest on HBO, to help build up Inoue's name in the west and to further create interest among casual fans who won't have seen him before. After that bout the teams of the two fighters should be sitting down to secure a deal, possibly for Summer 2017.

For Gonzalez the bout with Cuadras serves as his first proper foray into the Super Flyweight division and if he wins he will become a 4-weight world champion, the first from Nicaragua. It will also see him winning a title in the same division as Inoue leading their potential clash to be a unification bout between unbeaten stars. If Cuadras manages the upset there is still a potential unification between Inoue and the Mexican, who like Gonzalez would go into an Inoue clash as an unbeaten champion.

Before looking that far ahead Inoue will himself have to defend his title on September 4th, when he takes on Thailand's Petchbarngborn Kokietgym (38-7-1, 18) [เพชรบางบอน ก่อเกียรติยิม] at the Sky Arena in Zama. That will be Inoue's third defense of the title and and his first bout in Zama since becoming a world champion. The 2-weight champion is itching top prove he's the best but injuries have slowed his rise and he'll be hoping to avoid them for the foreseeable future.

giphy.gif

This would be the highest level fight boxing has had in several years if Roman/Inoue happens.

Winner should fight Inoue, loser should fight JFE.

Those Inoue have fighting in their blood. Is he related to Mizuki and her brother, Naoki.

Awesome. I have no problem if they take a couple of fights to build that up. Inoue is still young and doesn't have a lot of fights and should get an American debut first.

Awesome. I have no problem if they take a couple of fights to build that up. Inoue is still young and doesn't have a lot of fights and should get an American debut first.

He dont wait around he wants all elite level fights right out of the gate

He dont wait around he wants all elite level fights right out of the gate
I know, and he done a great job so far, but one other still good fighter for an HBO debut is perfectly fine if they are setting up a huge fight after.

I know, and he done a great job so far, but one other still good fighter for an HBO debut is perfectly fine if they are setting up a huge fight after.

Agreed. Im salivating for this fight Mr light. Do you like red wine?

this would be better than Kovalev/Ward and GGG/Canelo

It's okay but I'm much more of a scotch kind of guy.

Scotch is good. Heats your body rather nicely. A little sweetness to your lifeforce. Have you had a little swig of it before going to sleep?

<cheer><cheer>

In a perfect boxing world, this fight would outsell Canelo and GGG squash matchups and usher in an era where the best fighters seek out the best challenges in weight classes close to their own. Realistically it will probably just be one of the two best matchups of the year (along with Ward-Kovalev) and it will give hardcore fans something to enjoy.

Isn't this fight a bit too soon for Inoue ?

probably, but who is there to prepare him for Chocolatito? The only guys I can think of are JFE and maybe Ioka

actually, Ioka would be perfect, people have been wanting to see them go at it for a while

Inoue has already been fighting genuinely strong opposition for two years. I think it's clear he's a special talent, and I see no reason for him to wait too much longer. I mean, maybe it's not the best financial decision, but Inoue seems like he'll make plenty boxing in Japan even if he takes a loss or two against the likes of Gonzalez or Estrada.

Rather see Choclatito vs. Gallo Estrada II first. Kind of surprised that rematch hasn't been booked yet

Rather see Choclatito vs. Gallo Estrada II first. Kind of surprised that rematch hasn't been booked yet

I thought wed see Roman/JFE 2 and Inoue/Cuadras with the winners fighting each other but guess not

Voted Inoue simply because I like him better. I respect him for not padding his record up with nobodies from the start of his pro career and looking for tougher fights so early on.

Per his Wiki page

Inoue turned professional in 2012. When he registered with the Ohashi Boxing Gym, he signed up with Ohashi never to fight against easy opponents, on his own will.

The Japanese code is strong with this one. Why waste your time fighting guys you already know that you can easily beat? Lomachenko sees it the same way. Real recognize real, Roy. Back to you, Jim.

Voted Inoue simply because I like him better. I respect him for not padding his record up with nobodies from the start of his pro career and looking for tougher fights so early on.

Per his Wiki page

The Japanese code is strong with this one. Why waste your time fighting guys you already know that you can easily beat? Lomachenko sees it the same way. Real recognize real, Roy. Back to you, Jim.
You're entitled to your opinion but it's not like Gonzalez is facing a list of no hopers either…

Anyway if they fight inoue gets busted up pretty good. In our gets touched often during the bout and loses that fight imo

You're entitled to your opinion but it's not like Gonzalez is facing a list of no hopers either…

Anyway if they fight inoue gets busted up pretty good. In our gets touched often during the bout and loses that fight imo

I like Chocolatito too, I just like Inoue better. Right now Roman is considered the consensus #1 P4P fighter in the world by the lists. He's obviously a very skilled fighter.

The fight with Inoue will define Chocolatito's career.

Back