Injured Shoulder

mvan3030

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I have an injury to my shoulder, nothing serious, but it has been lingering. It is just a muscle issue and I was trying to ignore it however I figured I better rest it so that it can heal. I am still training and lifting but trying to avoid shoulder/chest exercises because that is when it hurts.

I decided, since it is my right shoulder that is hurt, that i will just do shoulder/chest exercises with my left arm. Does this seem like it is worth it?

Sounds like an injury I had a few years ago. It got better after about six weeks. Work out, but don't do pushing exercises. If you must, do dumbell overhead presses with your good arm.

Also: talk to a doctor before taking advice from random schmoes on the internet.

Klotz is correct. DB exercises with the uninjured side are definitely worth doing. And a doctor would be best to talk to. I am currently rehabbing a rotator cuff surgery so I haven't lifted more than 10 pounds with my right arm since November. But I've been doing a ton of DB work with the left side for a couple months now.

I was kind of waiting for somene to tell me that I would become lopsided or some crap like that... I guess that is probably unlikely.

I just go crazy if I can't train, so I am happy to hear that other people feel like it is beneficial to train my good arm.

it is, and there are also some studies, which I don't have the links to at the moment, that show benefits to the injured side from training the uninjured side. I'll try to dig them up and post later.

That actually makes sense, I don't see poeple walking around looking like lobsters.

I was kind of waiting for somene to tell me that I would become lopsided or some crap like that... I guess that is probably unlikely.

I just go crazy if I can't train, so I am happy to hear that other people feel like it is beneficial to train my good arm.

THAT IS CRAZY THAT YOU SAY THIS BECAUSE I BROKE MY HUMOROUS SEPERATED MY SHOULDER ON THE LEFT AND MY RIGHT SIDE IS INDEED STRONGER WHEN I BENCH MY RIGHT SIDE TAKES MOST OF THE WEIGHT IT DOES GET BETTER BUT THE BAD THING ABOUT A SHOULDER INJURIE IS THAT IT TAKES A LONG TIME TO HEAL AND IT CAN COME BACK OVER TIME. I HAVE BEEN REHABING FOR 3 YEARS NOW I ALSO HAVE A CERVICAL FUSION GIVE IT TIME AND CONTCT A DOCTOR IF IT GETS WORSE

Shoulders are a easy spot to injure. I always use rotator exercises and make sure I do the same amount of pulling exercises that I do on pushing exerecises. Alot of people do have imbalances because they go crazy on the bench presses. I injured my right tricep tendon at the elbow power lifting and left it alone and worked only the left tricep with dumbells. Once the physical theropy was over I lost very little in size on the right tricep.

I have an injury to my shoulder, nothing serious, but it has been lingering. It is just a muscle issue and I was trying to ignore it however I figured I better rest it so that it can heal. I am still training and lifting but trying to avoid shoulder/chest exercises because that is when it hurts.

I decided, since it is my right shoulder that is hurt, that i will just do shoulder/chest exercises with my left arm. Does this seem like it is worth it?

How did you injure the shoulder?

Stat, he injured himself doing super slow HIT on machines. He said so in his log.

We need Asrbear banned. Thanks.

THAT IS CRAZY THAT YOU SAY THIS BECAUSE I BROKE MY HUMOROUS SEPERATED MY SHOULDER ON THE LEFT AND MY RIGHT SIDE IS INDEED STRONGER WHEN I BENCH MY RIGHT SIDE TAKES MOST OF THE WEIGHT IT DOES GET BETTER BUT THE BAD THING ABOUT A SHOULDER INJURIE IS THAT IT TAKES A LONG TIME TO HEAL AND IT CAN COME BACK OVER TIME. I HAVE BEEN REHABING FOR 3 YEARS NOW I ALSO HAVE A CERVICAL FUSION GIVE IT TIME AND CONTCT A DOCTOR IF IT GETS WORSE

owl_orly.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back