Injured, out of work.

Im still out, atleast for 2 more weeks. Its been a month and a half. I think prepared an entire cookbook.

Any Netflix movies to check out?

Yea in the altercation that caused the injury?
I’m hoping his injuries were worse

Yeah we ended up at separate hospitals, he was there for 2 days.
What a complete dickhead of an individual. It was completely justified on my end too. He was at fault, and paid for it.

The pay is very good. Can easily make $140k+/ year at top pay, great benefits and retirement. Its pure blood money though. You're constantly around negativity. It's a rough job for sure and takes a certain kind of individual to walk behind the gates. Bring direct supervision, you're face to face with them all day. It's tough on your body and the constantly bring on guard flows into your personal life.
My gf is a teacher in the prison here and makes bank.

But she always gives me "I work in a prison!" Line when I startle her.

Yeah I'm at rikers aka hell on earth. The shutdown is more aligned with political games at this point. I don't believe it'll be shutdown

No shit man that’s crazy you’re a guard at Rikers. I live in the city and used to work as a crime reporter, visited Rikers before attempting to interview an inmate once.

Truly is hell on earth. That’s so messed up you’re all holed up over it. Is this basically protocol for these types of things? I mean you being watched during injury leave.

Hope you get better soon brother. Stay safe in there whenever you get back on the job.

Yeah we ended up at separate hospitals, he was there for 2 days.
What a complete dickhead of an individual. It was completely justified on my end too. He was at fault, and paid for it.

Tell us the story (if you're legally allowed to). You don't have shit to do anyway. Also you should do a 'I work at Rikers prison (Hell on Earth) AMA' thread. I'm sure people would be all over that and you'd be able to kill a few hours.

Last edited:
Of course, the surgery is going to help a lot. I'm so confused as to how I get into a fight with an inmate, and my job treats me like I hurt myself while on a luxury vacation. How the fuck am I on home confinement?
yeah thats some bullshit, you might as well be in jail. my buddy is on full workers comp cus he got ran over by a forklift and his company doesnt give a fuck what he does

Corrections officer, injured in a use of force, we're always watched when we're out on sick leave. Surgery next week, then i need to get approved by my doctor and independent doctor to return. Probably another 3 months off
Dude, I had a coworker and the fucking insurance company for the city parked a Private Investigator out front of her residence. Shit was no joke.

She was legit fucked up and it pissed her off so bad. She finally started bringing the fucking dude bagels and coffee.

Back