Injured Kessler pulls out of Super Six tournament

Anyone think Green had a chance anyways? He was already a replacement anyways so makes it way easier for Shotime to drop him.

They coud do Green-Bika as a non tournament fight and go straight to the semis

brinkley would be good

Brinkley is pretty much the opposite of good.

I know Bute is in a bit of a fix with most of the top fighters within the Super Six and Bika having pressed the self-destruct button in his last fight (and thus robbing us of a decent rematch) but was the best he could find freaking Brinkley?

lmao what a joke, guys faking spasms, horrible scoring, and now more injury dropouts.

Eversince Green came in to replace Taylor I got a sense that this tourney along with Herchman is being carried out with full accordance between all 4 promoters involved in it, Goosen, DiBella, Sauerland and Hennessy, that being said, it wouldnt surprise me if another DiBella fighter would come in, Smith maybe?

I doubt they open the doors to other promotions like Golden Boy or Top Rank which sucks cause Arum should focus on rebuilding Pavlik, this could be a great opportunity to redeem Pavlik, or Golden Boy can lend B-Hop

I'm sure the WBC will give Kessler Champion in emeritus.
Shame about the eye injury, hopefully it's a speedy recovery.

With promoters, alphabets boxing in general the way it is these days I said it was ambitious from the start.To be hounest im surprised they made it this far with only 2 fighters pulling out and all the fights taking place so fair play!

Cutting it to the semi's now seems the best option before everyone loses interest and we end up with non of the original super 6 and this dragging on into 2012.

In an interview on Danish television he says that he would like to face the winner of the Super Six. His team, Sauerland, also supports this idea and will work for that to happen. It's also being mentioned that he cannot spar for 7 months, and when asked by a reporter about the extent of his injury, he replies that he suffers from a double-vision.

This tournament has become what I always thought it would. Where the individual fights matter more than the overall tournament. But that's why I liked it, because the tournament schedule guaranteed good fights. Even if they called it off now or went straight to the semifinals it wouldn't be a failure. There still was some good fights that otherwise would not have happened. No one is going to give a shit who has the Super Six trophy at the end. People will just look back at the fights.

That being said, I still think Showtime hasn't done enough to promote it up to this point. Fight Camp 360 is great, but why are the promoters buying airtime for cheap on CBS to run it?

This news stinks. I have really enjoyed watching this tournament.

I've been reading that Ward and Dirrell are getting rubber legs about fighting one another and that Showtime has been threatening legal action if they try pulling out of the fight (and therefore the tournament).

I've been reading that Ward and Dirrell are getting rubber legs about fighting one another and that Showtime has been threatening legal action if they try pulling out of the fight (and therefore the tournament).

***s!

Back