Injured during session

smileyman22336

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Was grappling and went in for the shot and don't know how it happened but all I know is after I completed it I stood up and was in a sharp burning sensation pain right below my knee cap king of where it's right under. It's the upper tibia I believe, it's the long bone in front of your leg right below your knee cap. Well that area close to the knee cap was pinching with pain and has been since then. When I keep it bent for too long it burns so badly so I straighten it out and it feels weak and even pops at times. It's so strange but I want to know if nay of you all have experiences this or how long it takes to heal or how to treat it. I don't have a ride to the doctor as of yet but will in two days.

I can still walk on it but barely it feels weird. I don't think it's broken because I'd be screaming, but I have severely hurt this knee in the past and I don't want it to get worse than what it already is.

I'd keep off it as much as possible, keep it elevated and ice it for about 15 minutes at a time for at least a couple times a day until you can go to the doctor.

You'd be surprised what you can walk on and think is nothing. Definitely go to the doctor when you can.

The popping can be from either cartilage floating around in the knee and catching, it could be from scar tissue getting caught up or misalignment of the knee cap. Those are only the things I can think of, so seriously get it checked out and keep off it until then.

Good luck, hope it's nothing serious.

Alright so it's better to keep off it or is it better to stay a little on it so it will be used to carrying weight?

Yeah it's like if I have my leg locked straight out in front of my that certain area feels like it wants to drop to bend my leg it's weird I can't really explain it.

torn hamstring. i got one a few months ago also. you may even get a nice bruise behind your knee if you're lucky. -_o.

ice it for 20 mins every 4 hours to keep swelling down. take a good glucosamine/chondroitin combination to promote faster recovery. elevate the leg on a pillow when you go to sleep. take 600mg of ibuprofen to control the pain.

it will take around 6 weeks to heal. around the 3rd week, start doing very light stretches but don't push to hard. just enough to get blood flow into the area and keep scar tissue from building up. then massage it.

sorry to hear ya got hurt man.

torn hamstring. i got one a few months ago also. you may even get a nice bruise behind your knee if you're lucky. -_o.

ice it for 20 mins every 4 hours to keep swelling down. take a good glucosamine/chondroitin combination to promote faster recovery. elevate the leg on a pillow when you go to sleep. take 600mg of ibuprofen to control the pain.

it will take around 6 weeks to heal. around the 3rd week, start doing very light stretches but don't push to hard. just enough to get blood flow into the area and keep scar tissue from building up. then massage it.

sorry to hear ya got hurt man.

Dude you rock thanks so much for the advice I really appreciate it.

Back