Inherit Vice

What? Never heard of it. Make a proper post with a synopsis.

Fuck me... it's not even the correct name of the movie.

Are the remedial schools out on vacation now? Why can't you lunkheads form a proper sentence and at least put some effort into the first post?

when will you disappear forever, @Drain Bamage

you’re starting to get on my nerves as bad as shadow_priest, minus the hilarious racism.

you’re starting to get on my nerves as bad as shadow_priest, minus the hilarious racism.
Fucking lol. Shadow priest was such a fucking lol. He felt he was saying nothing wrong at all and was fighting what he said to the death. Poor guy. I hope he gets well soon.

Fucking lol. Shadow priest was such a fucking lol. He felt he was saying nothing wrong at all and was fighting what he said to the death. Poor guy. I hope he gets well soon.
i hope his sister or cousin got engaged to a nice black man so he loses sleep over it every night until he finally learns the error of his ways & the true meaning of christmas.

i hope his sister or cousin got engaged to a nice black man so he loses sleep over it every night until he finally learns the error of his ways & the true meaning of christmas.
[<dunn][<dunn][<dunn]

We would hear a story of a white guy who murdered his sister and her partner as soon as they got married if that happened.

What does sherbros think of this movie?

Excellent movie but it's a little bit meandering in spots & could have been edited down to a shorter running time. Even ten minutes would have tightened it up nicely. Other than that I enjoyed it.

What happened to him in the end? last I remember was him going mental about exotic symbols on a prop in Alien being a sign of Hollywood promoting Satanism.

As far as Inherant Vice goes yeah I really enjoy it, I think as close as anyone has come to The Big Lebowski, surprised it didn't get much attention at the time.

[<dunn][<dunn][<dunn]

We would hear a story of a white guy who murdered his sister and her partner as soon as they got married if that happened.
sadly this would be the most likely outcome. smh.

Excellent movie but it's a little bit meandering in spots & could have been edited down to a shorter running time. Even ten minutes would have tightened it up nicely. Other than that I enjoyed it.
thought it captured the essence of Pynchon really well, which would explain its tendency to meander.

weird thing is, as much as i love Inherent Vice, i think Under the Silver Lake is the best Pynchon-esque movie despite not being a direct adaptation of one of his novels.
What happened to him in the end? last I remember was him going mental about exotic symbols on a prop in Alien being a sign of Hollywood promoting Satanism.

As far as Inherant Vice goes yeah I really enjoy it, I think as close as anyone has come to The Big Lebowski, surprised it didn't get much attention at the time.
pretty sure he rage quit forever after getting ganged up on for being a trashy ignorant bigot, & rightfully so.

thought it captured the essence of Pynchon really well, which would explain its tendency to meander.

weird thing is, as much as i love Inherent Vice, i think Under the Silver Lake is the best Pynchon-esque movie despite not being a direct adaptation of one of his novels.

Now that was a mind-blowing film & not entirely in a good way for me personally because there were parts that I thought were great & other parts that I really hated. But it was never boring that's for sure.
One of these days I'm going to have to watch it again because it was very late at night when I watched it & I watched it half asleep during some of it. So, it warrants a second viewing.

Now that was a mind-blowing film & not entirely in a good way for me personally because there were parts that I thought were great & other parts that I really hated. But it was never boring that's for sure.
One of these days I'm going to have to watch it again because it was very late at night when I watched it & I watched it half asleep during some of it. So, it warrants a second viewing.
no shame in that. the first time i watched it i kinda understood why a24 pussed out on distributing the movie & eventually pawned it off on Lionsgate (still annoyed about a24 doing David Robert Mitchell dirty like that though). then i ended up watching it four more times within the same week because something about it just hit that sweet spot for me. it’s hamfisted at times no doubt, but i respected how intentionally hamfisted it was because it felt so sincere & self aware in the grand scheme of things. idk maybe i’m doing mental gymnastics to defend it, but i fucking love Under the Silver Lake

I never actually finished it seemed like a trippy film with the cinematography.

no shame in that. the first time i watched it i kinda understood why a24 pussed out on distributing the movie & eventually pawned it off on Lionsgate (still annoyed about a24 doing David Robert Mitchell dirty like that though). then i ended up watching it four more times within the same week because something about it just hit that sweet spot for me. it’s hamfisted at times no doubt, but i respected how intentionally hamfisted it was because it felt so sincere & self aware in the grand scheme of things. idk maybe i’m doing mental gymnastics to defend it, but i fucking love Under the Silver Lake

Damn, now I'm going to have to go back & watch it again soon. Because you're spot on. It was one of those films that just stays with you for a long time after watching it.
The film that I keep going back to & watching an absurd amount of times in a relatively short amount of time is the Panos Cosmatos Nicolas Cage thriller MANDY. I've watched it about eight or nine times in the past year.

They did a poor job of showcasing a fully nude cutie pie Katherine Waterston.

Back