Infinite Intensity 50 Day Plan?

L

luckyshot

I'm currently on the third week of Ross Enamait's plan. Curious to see what others' experiences have been like and to swap advice.

It's fun, and challenging, but I suck at following routines and invariably don't wind up sticking to it.

It's fun, and challenging, but I suck at following routines and invariably don't wind up sticking to it.

I came in here to direct him to your log. Oh well!

I own the book; never followed the program, though. I don't particularly like the programming, as I don't have the ability to fit in that many separate S+C sessions and still do enough skill training. Though many of them are short, they still require certain accommodations to be completed.

I came in here to direct him to your log. Oh well!

I own the book; never followed the program, though. I don't particularly like the programming, as I don't have the ability to fit in that many separate S+C sessions and still do enough skill training. Though many of them are short, they still require certain accommodations to be completed.

This is true: I've found that a couple of the "Warrior Challenges" have left me pretty much less than capable if done on the same day as sparring of other skill training. I definitely think if you can recover well, and are able to judge for yourself what your needs are, then it can be a great standing point for further training- many of the ideas he presents in the book are pretty good, and applicable when designing a routine (although I prefer Joel's work when we're talking sorta science-y type stuff).

This is true: I've found that a couple of the "Warrior Challenges" have left me pretty much less than capable if done on the same day as sparring of other skill training. I definitely think if you can recover well, and are able to judge for yourself what your needs are, then it can be a great standing point for further training- many of the ideas he presents in the book are pretty good, and applicable when designing a routine (although I prefer Joel's work when we're talking sorta science-y type stuff).

This has been my experience so far, too. I tried to go to jiu-jitsu after the second strength workout and got absolutely beasted. Since then, I've been doing Ross workouts only on off-days from jiu-jitsu, so my week is usually 4 S&C sessions and 2-3 jiu-jitsu sessions.

I've been surprised at how much my recovery has already improved after the cardio, GPP and Warrior challenges. But the strength workouts still whack me pretty good, though.

I like the upper body dumb bell stuff alot, but I think I will eventually replace the lower body stuff with squatting after my hip is healed.

Back