Infinite Intensity 50 Day Plan?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by luckyshot, Dec 29, 2012.

1. luckyshot

luckyshot Guest

I'm currently on the third week of Ross Enamait's plan. Curious to see what others' experiences have been like and to swap advice.

2. Pearse Shields

Pearse Shields Amateur Fighter

It's fun, and challenging, but I suck at following routines and invariably don't wind up sticking to it.

3. TeddyRoosevelt

TeddyRoosevelt Brown Belt

I came in here to direct him to your log. Oh well!

I own the book; never followed the program, though. I don't particularly like the programming, as I don't have the ability to fit in that many separate S+C sessions and still do enough skill training. Though many of them are short, they still require certain accommodations to be completed.

4. Pearse Shields

Pearse Shields Amateur Fighter

This is true: I've found that a couple of the "Warrior Challenges" have left me pretty much less than capable if done on the same day as sparring of other skill training. I definitely think if you can recover well, and are able to judge for yourself what your needs are, then it can be a great standing point for further training- many of the ideas he presents in the book are pretty good, and applicable when designing a routine (although I prefer Joel's work when we're talking sorta science-y type stuff).

5. luckyshot

luckyshot Guest

This has been my experience so far, too. I tried to go to jiu-jitsu after the second strength workout and got absolutely beasted. Since then, I've been doing Ross workouts only on off-days from jiu-jitsu, so my week is usually 4 S&C sessions and 2-3 jiu-jitsu sessions.

I've been surprised at how much my recovery has already improved after the cardio, GPP and Warrior challenges. But the strength workouts still whack me pretty good, though.

I like the upper body dumb bell stuff alot, but I think I will eventually replace the lower body stuff with squatting after my hip is healed.