International Indonesia To Move Capital City to Borneo, as Crowded and Polluted Jakarta Sinks Into The Ground

only way i see this can be done within the deadline is with the help of China with their "Infrastructure rebuild" assistance. But it will be the double edge sword deal.
I honestly don't think all the manpower in the world could build a viable city along with the infrastructure needed for 10 million people then move them in less than 3 years. We're talking about starting from scratch here. No plans. No roads. No idea of logistics. Only a general location.

A festering death hole in the mud? Sure. Some place with a steady power and water supply along with a means to manage storm and sewer water for a population of millions? Well, I've been wrong before, but think I'm on the money here.

The Indonesian government plans to just move the country's administrative machine to the new capital and leave the rest of the people waist-deep in polluted water back in Jakarta, and somehow expects them to just stay there. That explains the ridiculous forecasted schedule.

I'm pretty sure everyone who's who with enough money in the bank gonna high tail it out of sinking Jakarta as soon as they can build their new house and company headquarters in Borneo, and then a deluge of people gonna quickly overwhelm whatever meager infrastructure that the government cobbled together in 6 months time in the new capital.

Just one of the many shitholes around the World.

Gonna be some rich fuckers who bought empty land that will become a new CBD in a capital city.

Back