Indiana sheriff says he needs MRAPs cause of Afghan/Iraq vets who turn to crime.

It's funny that people assume all cops are trigger happy murderous individuals. My grandpa sure wasn't. You guys ought to actually talk to police once in awhile. They are people. Of course there are bad ones, but there are over a million police officers in America. Of course some of them are going to fuck up, they're people. I feel the whole "fuck the police" mentality is very juvenile, at best.

I have cops in my family.

The only thing that keeps me from killing one of them, in the name of public safety, is that my wife would never forgive me. The shit I hear one of them joke about is so fucking vile, so disturbing, and angering I have lost all respect. Seriously, I'd kill this dude if I thought my wife wouldn't somehow find out. And I would be doing society a favor.

This guy wanted to explain what "monkey stomping" meant one day thinking that, as a vet, I would enjoy it. I cannot repeat some of the shit he says he has done because it angers me beyond the limit of where I want to go.

Wow...I remember how bad it was in the '70s, when Vietnam vets who turned lives of crime were setting up punji pits and deadfall traps and waylaying unwary cops into them.

That's gonna be a fond memory in comparison to what Iraq/Afghanistan vets will be doing. Anybody with a couple of surplus 155mm arty shells lying around could slaughter a dozen cops in one shot.

The only thing I could see a police force using an MRAP for would be as a mobile command post. My town has some big ass RV that they use as a command post whenever the town hosts some big shindig downtown. They're big enough for multiple people to move comfortably, have air conditioning, and have tons of electrical sockets.

Other than that.....I see no reason for it.

Wow...I remember how bad it was in the '70s, when Vietnam vets who turned lives of crime were setting up punji pits and deadfall traps and waylaying unwary cops into them.

That's gonna be a fond memory in comparison to what Iraq/Afghanistan vets will be doing. Anybody with a couple of surplus 155mm arty shells lying around could slaughter a dozen cops in one shot.

sadly, there are people in this forum that won't catch your sarcasm.

Back