increasing punching power and speed

xxaznboii207xx

White Belt
Reaction score
if i wore wrist weights and trained with those (punch, block, etc) , wuld my punch speed and power increase, and would my blockin be quicker?

dude. NO just don't.

Wearing wieghts on your wrist while punching can only cause your form to suffer and joint problems

then how do i increase my punching power? i know that weight lifting can increase punch power ( i work out every muscle in the body different days a of the week)

Heavy bag drills, focus mitt drills, plyometrics. What does your weight training routine look like?

my weight training routine is, Monday: bench, incline, fly, bar curl, free weight curl ( bicep and chest ), Tuesday: arnold press, shoulder press, cleans and press, side raises, front raises, and shrugs (shoulders), Wednesday: squats, calve raises, and some other exercises that i dont know what its called ( legs ), Thursday: lat pull downs, bent over rolls, deadlift, close grip bench, working on tricep with the bar, dumbells, and rope ( back and triceps ).
What is heavy bag drills and focus mitt drills and plyometrics

Do you punch a heavy bag? or have any boxing training? THAT'S how you increase punching power. and you may want to read the stickies and get a better routine. That nebulous piece of crap isn't going to get you far IMO.

xxaznboii207xx said:
if i wore wrist weights and trained with those (punch, block, etc) , wuld my punch speed and power increase, and would my blockin be quicker?

you need an entire wardrobe of weighted clothes like goku.

my routine was taught to me by a trainer at the gym. what routine would you recommend?

xxaznboii207xx said:
my weight training routine is, Monday: bench, incline, fly, bar curl, free weight curl ( bicep and chest ), Tuesday: arnold press, shoulder press, cleans and press, side raises, front raises, and shrugs (shoulders), Wednesday: squats, calve raises, and some other exercises that i dont know what its called ( legs ), Thursday: lat pull downs, bent over rolls, deadlift, close grip bench, working on tricep with the bar, dumbells, and rope ( back and triceps ).
What is heavy bag drills and focus mitt drills and plyometrics
You need to join a dojo.

xxaznboii207xx said:
my routine was taught to me by a trainer at the gym. what routine would you recommend?
The trainer at your gym doesn't know shit.

Read the stickies.

xxaznboii207xx said:
can you give me the link..? im kind of new to this site sorry lol
That's no problem.

"Stickies" are the threads permanently at the top of the page in any forum. You're after the "Interesting Links and Threads" sticky.

Most here love Carnal Salvation's "Treatise on the Lifting of Heavy Iron" within that sticky.

There's also a "Basic FAQ" in the "New Member Resources" sticky that will familiarize you with any terminology you don't recognize.

xxaznboii207xx said:
then how do i increase my punching power? i know that weight lifting can increase punch power ( i work out every muscle in the body different days a of the week)

JOIN A BOXING GYM, the most important thing is good technique and lots of practice. Also your routine does suck alot of ass. Search "punching power" aswell theres tons of threads about this

Back