incorporating sandbag work into a routine

seamus1979

Green Belt
Reaction score
ok im currently following the texas method routine of weights 3 times a week
the other 3 nights im doing freestyle wrestling
im looking to get sandbag work back into my routine but unfortunately i have checked with my gym and they have told me i cant bring one in and use it in the weights room
so im trying to think of adding it in somewhere else
perhaps on my recovery weights night?
will it fuck up my routine if i drop a recovery session and put in a sandbag conditioning night?
im thinking of just getting a 60lb sandbag and a 3/4 filled keg and doing some conditioning work in my local park
or would it be more worth my while just throwing some sandbag work into my wrestling nights? the coach is really into powerlifting and would be game to try most challenges

so how do you incorporate sandbag work into your current weights and martial arts routines?

Im with you man. I just bought (4) 50lbs bags with a large canvas bag to put them in, but Im still searching for ideas on good exercises. Im waiting to save a few $ so I can get Never Gymless, but I need some ideas as well.

ok im currently following the texas method routine of weights 3 times a week
the other 3 nights im doing freestyle wrestling
im looking to get sandbag work back into my routine but unfortunately i have checked with my gym and they have told me i cant bring one in and use it in the weights room
so im trying to think of adding it in somewhere else
perhaps on my recovery weights night?
will it fuck up my routine if i drop a recovery session and put in a sandbag conditioning night?
im thinking of just getting a 60lb sandbag and a 3/4 filled keg and doing some conditioning work in my local park
or would it be more worth my while just throwing some sandbag work into my wrestling nights? the coach is really into powerlifting and would be game to try most challenges

so how do you incorporate sandbag work into your current weights and martial arts routines?

I would do it after the friday session. Doing it on one of your recovery days would be bad IMO. You will need those recovery days. Doing after the Friday session will give you 2 days to recover. The Friday session is low volume so you should not be worn out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back