Incompetent judges brought down the UFC's greatest fighter ever

I agree that TD's are over rated but it's been this way forever. Both fighters know this and fought accordingly. MM defended and scrambled hard with mixed success. His coach told him he had to stay off the bottom. He couldn't

That said, the fight was super close and could have gone either way. Overall MM did better but the fight is scored round by round and there is a case to be made that Cejudo squeaked out 3 of them. Yes I think MM is the better fighter, yes I think he wins a rematch, and yes I think they need to adjust the scoring criteria but I really don't have a big problem with this decision. Close fights can go either way and they had some extremely close rounds

Link to article https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/08/ufc-227-results-demetrious-johnson-henry-cejudo-judges-stats

Says judges at fault mm out striked and out poined and threw more than his oppenant but judges though lay n pray is the most skilled technique . i didnt watch this fight dont want to bbut why arent fighters saying anything about the point system everybody knows its messed up yet nobody does anything or cares.
The answer to that question is because the MMA community in general is filled with a bunch of spineless fanboy enablers that don’t care about fairness, justice and integrity in the sport of MMA so we just allow this shit to go unchecked. Mma journalists and analysts as well.

Here clearly something is broke and yet nobody speaks out on fixing it. Nobody questions Dana at press conferences about it (we all know why). I’m disappointed in general, something drastic needs to change. Fighters careers are being affected by it.

No but you shouldn't act like 1 minute of putting someone on his back and doing no damage outweighs getting kicked in the leg for 4 minutes just because it happened at the end of the round
It's MMA, a sport, there are rules. this isn't street fighter dawg. I agree that it isn't right to get a takedown and win the round when you were getting outpointed a majority of the round, but that's the athletic commission's rules. Takedowns with control get the judges in favor of you. Plus, Cejudo is an Olympic caliber wrestler, he's gonna resort to his wrestling to beat his opponent. If it wasn't for his takedowns, MM most likely would've won, but who knows, the fight was so close to call either way you look at it.

Last edited:
Lmao at MM being UFC’s greatest fighter ever.

They had to make a weight class for him to cut to, he never would have been champ at his natural weight class.

I've always thought damage should be the only thing that matters really. If you take someone down and just lay on them that should be 0 points. Improving position or controlling someone should be a tool to inflict damage. The damage is the thing that gives points and improving position should make it easier to land damage.

I wasn't surprised by the decision with how judges currently do it.

Link to article https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/08/ufc-227-results-demetrious-johnson-henry-cejudo-judges-stats

Says judges at fault mm out striked and out poined and threw more than his oppenant but judges though lay n pray is the most skilled technique . i didnt watch this fight dont want to bbut why arent fighters saying anything about the point system everybody knows its messed up yet nobody does anything or cares.

You didn't watch the fight? Why not watch it first then complain after seeing it?

Judges haven't done anything to GSP what the fuck are you on about.

Looking up stats to determine who won needs to stop

DC even pointed out how inaccurate the fight stats were during the fight.

Yes! - I remember him saying ''No! Wrong!.. Wrong! - I'm a wrestling coach, I know how many takedowns Cejudo has scored. Ok, he hasn't maintained position but he's still got more takedowns. So... WRONG!''

It was a close fight. I did think MM won. In the past a challenger would need to clearly be the victor to win a close decision vs a champion.
Now decisions seem to go against the fighters on the UFC shit list or for the fighters they're giving a push.

This is all my fault.

Im too cheap to buy ppvs and too poor to have internet so I watched Handy vs Vera...talk about a robbery.

No but you shouldn't act like 1 minute of putting someone on his back and doing no damage outweighs getting kicked in the leg for 4 minutes just because it happened at the end of the round

Then don't do rounds.

It's a heavily subjective question.

Cejudo landed the hardest shots and the stats show that he landed almost twice as many head shots as MM. But then MM landed more body shots and leg kicks. How do we determine which are worth more? Obviously head shots are worth more but there isn't an exact formula here to mathematically calculate how many leg kicks a fist to the face is worth, and every punch itself is very different and the same punch can be thrown with completely different intensities and in different situations (say you counter someone vs hitting someone who rolls with the punch.)

To conclude: we can't know, though I think judging based on damage dealt is the best option, but then how in the world do you determine that?

Why would they change it now when it was lay and pray was abused by so many others already?
1. GSP
2. Fitch
3. Phil Davis
4. Askren (not UFC)

Askren left a lot of people a bloody mess.

Looking up stats to determine who won needs to stop

DC even pointed out how inaccurate the fight stats were during the fight.
DC was kidding. In wrestling he would have gotten points but this isn’t wrestling.

Back