Social Incoming, Major Change..

I have to change my job, it's dragging me down

I'm constantly pissed off and in a bad mood these days, I don't even know what it's like to have a laugh any more

My job is physically demanding, involves a lot of driving and is time critical, so I view my job similarly to a videogame, in that it can be stressful, it can be hard on the body, but it can also be fun. Problem is that I've played the same game for four years, been working in the same area for eleven, and my pay, whilst manageable, isn't going to shoot up by itself. I need to level up.

My real issue is that I am surrounded by negativity. My mother, for example, smiles and laughs, but she works so hard for so little, that she is running herself into a grave. She takes immense pride in her standards, but her numerous issues outside of it never get solved.

My partner? Same thing, although she has the options of making her life better, and doing things with me, but she never does. Again, depressed, complains for hours, with the same issues, every day.

See, I complain too, but I like to go out, see new places and experience new things. I don't do it often enough, and without doing so, it's just nothing but misery and bitching. It's about balance, but between the Covid shit, and other shit, that balance has tilted in the favour of misery. It needs to change. Life cannot just be about being miserable at work, going home and doing naff all else. Social clubs, sports clubs etc, will be a priority when I move this year. I'd also like a garage, as I'd like to start riding motorbikes. The holiday? I'm daunted by the unknowns caused by Covid, but it has to be done.

A commercial driving license is a great investment these days. If you’re also thinking of moving this pretty much guarantees you a job in your new city as well, as there are shortages everywhere.

I'm hoping so. I was put off years ago because the pay was poor, but I've heard that it's jumped up by thousands due to the shortage. It's just the thought of spending all that cash on training...

I have to change my job, it's dragging me down

I'm constantly pissed off and in a bad mood these days, I don't even know what it's like to have a laugh any more
Damn brother, sorry to hear. Are there lots of opportunities for career changes? We have a huge personnel shortage everywhere here, is it the same in the UK?

Pretty sure I could hit all of those besides 3 & 5 if I really wanted to...

Is that super silver haze there?
Right on myman, role a joint ;})
Didnt smoke that yet but wkileaf says thst 80:20 sativa so it should be good enough.
To get the most out of sativas i recc. You to try durban poison if you can.
Apparently thats a100% sativa, or at least 90:10.
Imho best sativa you can get, if you fiind it of course
Landraces are not so popular for mass productions

Damn brother, sorry to hear. Are there lots of opportunities for career changes? We have a huge personnel shortage everywhere here, is it the same in the UK?
Not much in this area unfortunately, it's a low pay area in the sticks. I'm mulling over my next move which is why I'm kind of sombre at the moment, because I don't see the opening just yet. It'll work out, just have to find the right head space

Is that super silver haze there?
Right on myman, role a joint ;})
Didnt smoke that yet but wkileaf says thst 80:20 sativa so it should be good enough.
To get the most out of sativas i recc. You to try durban poison if you can.
Apparently thats a100% sativa, or at least 90:10.
Imho best sativa you can get, if you fiind it of course
Landraces are not so popular for mass productions
Yep super silver, local stardawg, rascal OG and purple something, I forget what. Those joints were made with the last of a sherbert strain that I also can't remember, and laced with some Jack Herrer hash. I'm trying to find a new hash guy but it's all mouth and no trousers so far

I work with the federal government and we have a vaccine mandate. I'm unvaxxed and have two months left on my term, I am almost certain they're just going to let my term run out and not renew me instead of firing me so they don't have my blood on their hands.

I'll have to start a new career else where as an unvaxxed plague rat so who knows what the future will bring. I am really hoping they let my term run out instead of firing because then at least I can collect e.i. for the first time after paying into it for 20 years.

GF of 4 years and I broke up in December. I'm not sure I'll find a girl that will date an unvaxxed guy. I'm just going to focus on my hobbies, lift weights, and live a life of solitude. (And smash hoodrats who don't care about vax, just dinks.)

Only one change that i can think of, and that would be get a FT job or some other type of income. But i probably won't even bother trying until things return to normal. I'm in no rush.

Probably going to change jobs later this year. To a different field too, I'm pretty sick of warehouse work. Getting old to be doing it too imo.

Eyy got any plans about what field?

Eyy got any plans about what field?
Not anything set in stone but there's lots of stuff out here. Government jobs, security, airlines, call centers, all sorts of stuff.

Now that tourism has opened back up I plan on taking my first ever trip to Costa Rica in 22, also trying to talk the Waifu into letting me get a 2022 Supra...I had a 1996 MK IV 6 speed twin turbo Supra when I lived in Japan, it was by far the sweetest ride I ever had.

It's just a BMW now.......

2 & 8, at the least. Probably 7, too.

Most of this year's changes will stem from those in the last 12-18 months.

But yeah. Need a new job, just hopefully a different position with the same company. I bought a house last year during market craziness, so there will be (at least what I consider to be) larger purchases as I continue to furnish the house to make it feel like a home. I did so because I split from my longtime girlfriend and she kept the dog.

So 2022 goals by the end of the year are: get new home furnished, get new job, get a new (and better) relationship going, and get a dog of my own. My parents also moved across the country in 2020, so I'm hoping I'll be able to visit them for the first time in their new home as well.

I bought a cheap lawnmower, does that count?
a9fe6970-76e6-4701-aa02-42bfd7e71afd.jpg

Might even ride around on it drinking beer this weekend.

My kids are finally past the run full speed into everything and body check the shit out of things stage so I'm going to get my hi-fi stereo system setup and running again. Might get a new record player or build a new set of tube amps for the speakers, I'll have to see how everything sounds once it's up & running.

Back