In what moment did Shogun blow his knees?

Charlitos1988

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Most sherdoggers agree that it was in the 2nd Machida fight, and since that moment he was never the same.

But in what moment of this short fight Shogun blown his knees?

I believe it was the second takedown. Machida takes him one direction then spins sideways to get him down.

apparently i read the other day where someone said as soon as he went to the ufc his knes were shot. apparently when pride fighters went to the ufc all of the legends were shot and out of their prime immediately 0_o

Haven't his knees been fucked multiple times? Wtf are "they" talking about?

Haven't his knees been fucked multiple times? Wtf are "they" talking about?

lol, exactly my thoughts. Im pretty sure youll have a hard time pin pointing a EXACT moment he blew his knees out. pretty sure it was wear and tear over the years STARTING in pride and lingering in the UFC.

wtf are they talking about lol

apparently i read the other day where someone said as soon as he went to the ufc his knes were shot. apparently when pride fighters went to the ufc all of the legends were shot and out of their prime immediately 0_o

They were, apart from Rampage!

Wanderlei, Nog, Cro Cop, Gomi all past their prime.

If the UFC would have folded and the same guys from same era went to Pride, Hughes, Chuck, Tito, they were past their prime by 2007 as well.

Shogun tore his ACL training for Forrest Griffin at UFC 76, and then blew his ACL during the fight.
Hasn't been the same ever since.

I think he re-injured himself during rehab too.
That can't be good for you.

lol, exactly my thoughts. Im pretty sure youll have a hard time pin pointing a EXACT moment he blew his knees out. pretty sure it was wear and tear over the years STARTING in pride and lingering in the UFC.

wtf are they talking about lol

but I think the best Shogun shown in both Machida fights because he Figured Out Machida, something that Nobody ever did until that point!

he's had multiple knee surgeries you retard

First ACL tear was before the first griffin fight he fought that fight with a blown out knee but had to take the fight for the $$$...

Whenever he loses and then he wins a fight and it's fine and he's back and a new reinvented Shogun going to make a run at the title.

Shogun tore his ACL training for Forrest Griffin at UFC 76, and then blew his ACL during the fight.

Thank you for providing a knowledgeable answer instead of making things up such as him blowing it in the second Machida fight (after he already had multiple surgeries). Yes I know he blew it again vs Machida, but that was not the first.

I believe it was the second takedown. Machida takes him one direction then spins sideways to get him down.

Correct.

You can see him reach for his knee for a split second before going all the way down

Against Machida in the rematch, his other knee was injured.

First 2 surgeries were on the same knee, after Machida 2 he tore his ACL in his other knee.

Defeating Lyoto was a gift and a curse.

first, before UFC 76

then, before UFC 85

then, during UFC 113

probably any one of them individually would have been fine.

I heard his knee was already injured going into the Machida fight, there were rumors anyway.

But he already tore his ACL two times before that.

LOL...this!

It was definitely the 2nd Machida fight.

Against Machida in the rematch, his other knee was injured.

First 2 surgeries were on the same knee, after Machida 2 he tore his ACL in his other knee.

Defeating Lyoto was a gift and a curse.

The 3rd surgery really seemed to be what had the biggest long term impact on him, the previous injuries seemed to hurt his performance at UFC 76 and early on in his comeback vs Coleman but against Chuck and Machida he looked very quick and mobile.

Since the second Machida fight though he's never been able to get back that same agility, both standing and on the ground.

Shogun's still a very dangerous boxer but he's way more hittable now his movement is more limited and is far less effective on the ground.

Ya, his knee's were ravaged, it's just too hard to come back from that many surgeries. The third one killed him

Back