In this thread: Say some POSITIVE things about Dana White

He really embraces the spirit of Christmas.

dana-white-driveway-snow.jpg

He's actually in very good shape for his age, which you don't expect because he has a fat face.

I realise that's a backhanded compliment but it's the best I've got.

He was cool and approachable to me and several fans at UFC 136. He took time to talk to everyone.

Dana makes the fights the fans want to see.

(I cant do it.)

The biggest myth in the sport is that Dana/Zuffa built the sport.

SEG built the sport. Zuffa stole it.

Name one thing Zuffa/Dana did that couldn't have happened while SEG owned the UFC.
Ok, they couldn’t sell it for 4 billion dollars because they sold it for 2 million.

SEG did not build the sport. They started it, however Dana/Zuffa built it.

Ok, they couldn’t sell it for 4 billion dollars because they sold it for 2 million.

SEG did not build the sport. They started it, however Dana/Zuffa built it.

Maybe you should look into how the UFC's value fell from 40 million to 2 million right before the fertitas bought it.....

What did zuffa bring to the sport that wasnt already there? (since you contend they built it.)

I will miss the Red Goof when he's gone, not gonna lie.

He's entertaining, in a psychopathic kinda way.

The UFC won't be the same when he's gone. I think if I was cool with him hes prob a good guy to hang out n have good time with. He's a dick though to plenty n has spewed so much nonsense. All n all tho hes done a great job of running the company and making tons along the way for all involved.

Kinda hoping in 3-4 years that WME has run the UFC to the ground n Lorenzo buys it back for like $500m for the biggest whamboozle ever.

I wonder what Dana smells like. Testosterone and bacon?

Maybe you should look into how the UFC's value fell from 40 million to 2 million right before the fertitas bought it.....

What did zuffa bring to the sport that wasnt already there? (since you contend they built it.)
I don’t care enough about this to look into it, but even if you’re right, 40 million is a long ways away from 4 billion. So UFC dropped 38 million from before SEG sold it to Zuffa yet I remember all the numbers being talked about for the UFC sale was about 2-3 billion and then it sells for 4 billion.

What did Zuffa bring to the sport that wasn’t already there?
Eyes. Lots more of them. A reality tv show. A Fox tv deal. Celebrities. Basically they made it mainstream.

Look man, you can be an old school, hardcore fan all day long, but please don’t try and tell me that Art Davie and crew did as much as Dana and Lorenzo did for the sport.

He USED to want to make the best fight the best and he still does but pressure from his bosses is changing him\\Lorenzo gave him free reign and those were the glory days.

Tough job no doubt but a true lover of the sport, NO DOUBT!

Just a MAJOR liar!

Dana White only sucks the most rank trucker farts out of trucker seats to reduce the volume of trucker farts inside of the cab.

I don’t care enough about this to look into it, but even if you’re right, 40 million is a long ways away from 4 billion. So UFC dropped 38 million from before SEG sold it to Zuffa yet I remember all the numbers being talked about for the UFC sale was about 2-3 billion and then it sells for 4 billion.

What did Zuffa bring to the sport that wasn’t already there?
Eyes. Lots more of them. A reality tv show. A Fox tv deal. Celebrities. Basically they made it mainstream.

Look man, you can be an old school, hardcore fan all day long, but please don’t try and tell me that Art Davie and crew did as much as Dana and Lorenzo did for the sport.

Its important to know the history if you're making the claim 'so-and-so built the sport'

In 20 years there will be sherdoggers who believe WME built the sport.

Long story short, Bob Meyrowitz (SEG President) already had MMA sanctioned in New Jersey....the next stop was Vegas, which would make or break the company.

He did all the political legwork (thats american for bribes and favors) necessary to ensure he had the votes necessary to get sanctioned in Nevada.

Its important to note that he wouldnt have requested a hearing until he was certain he had the votes.

He goes before the NSAC to get sanctioned and gets denied despite already being assured he had the votes.

At that time, the company was worth 40 million.....however getting sanctioned in the world fight capital would have tripled or more the value of the company. But getting denied sanctioning completely destroyed the UFCs value.

Can you guess who was the executive commissioner of the NSAC at the time?

Lorenzo Fertitta.

Fertitta then buys the UFC at the reduced value and gets it sanctioned in Vegas by his former co-workers within the next year without changing a single rule from the time SEG was denied sanctioning. The company value skyrockets up from 2 million and the rest is history.

Its a 3 minute clip.....but a very important 3 minute clip when understanding the history of mma.

Nevada politics is corrupt as fuck. Just a bunch of rich local oligarchs forming commissions to take otherbusinesses money with the courts upholding all their decisions.

Behind almost every great fortune, is a great crime.

Last edited:
Back