In the US, what options for watching UFC without cable/satellite subscription?

JustSomeGuy

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I just got rid of my DirecTv. On it, I would watch UFC on Fox, Fox Sports 1 or on a PPV channel.

Without the DirecTv service, what are my options for watching UFC content now?

I have a Roku3 with PlayOn enabled that lets me add private channels like onechannel for instance. I have the UFC Roku channel installed, but I've never used it to watch an UFC content and don't currently pay for a subscription.

I'm wondering how to see:

UFC events that air on Fox
UFC events that air on Fox Sports 1
UFC PPV's

I'm assuming I can buy the PPV's on the UFC Roku channel? Are you required to have a subscription to Fight Pass to buy a PPV?

Does the UFC Roku channel show the Fox/Fox Sports 1 content with or without a Fight Pass subscription? If not, where can I get that content? Is it possible to get it live?

Feel free to PM if needed. Thanks in advance.

A counter question for you. Is Roku like Dreambox or is it more legit and a digital solution for TV?

Googling streams may help you. I can't direct you anywhere but that's always an option.

inb4: you sound poor

Get FightPass and use a VPN, if you have some knowledge about using it. Here in Germany, we get everything except the main card of PPV's (Edit: They cost ~20$).

Last edited:
get a cable or sat subscription otherwise it's going to be more frustrating than anything, the app won't let you watch the prelims or live events of FS1

You dont need fight pass to buy the PPV fights. Fight pass is worth having especially if you get the 6.99 deal.

I don't have cable either.

I watch all the FS1, FS2 and PPV's at Schooners (a local sports bar) or a friends house.

Most sports bars with multiple tvs will change the channel to whatever you want.

For regular big Fox you can just buy a $20 HD antenna off Amazon. I live in the middle of the desert in a small town an over the air HD comes in crystal clear.

I don't know about in 'Murica, but they recently sent out an email to Canadian Fight Pass subscribers, like a week ago, saying that we'll be able to watch all ufc on fox/FS1 main and undercards on fight pass immediately following the events. So not live, but immediately after.

Before Fight Pass came out you used to be able to buy tv cards on the UFC website for like ten bucks, but I don't think that you can anymore.

As for PPVs, you can buy those online or through like xbox or whatever.

I'd actually recommend XBOX tbh. I had an issue with ordering one a while ago and I called them about it. Their customer service was unreal and they credited my account for the entire price of the PPV.

I just checked with UFC and they said this:

" Unfortunately not all UFC.TV and Fight Pass content will be available due to television broadcasting rights and restrictions. All UFC on FOX, FX, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2 events are blacked out on UFC.TV in the USA due to broadcasting rights and the only way to watch would be on TV. The main event card from those events will be available as part of Fight Pass 30 days after the live event airs. The prelim card will not be available on UFC.TV or Fight Pass due to the rights FOX holds on those fights.

You can use the Upcoming Fight Schedule from UFC.com to see what events fall under which event, type http://www.ufc.com/schedule/event . After you select the event Fight Card that page will list how to access the Fight Pass Prelims, Prelims and Main Event cards for each event. Please keep in mind not all events have Fight Pass Prelims and all content is subject to change."

Looks like PPV's and Fox cards only in my future.

Back