in the last 5 UFC events, the underdog has won the main event 5/5 times

The Walkers, Landos, and Perrys will never even sniff that opportunity. But a lot of you jumped on those bandwagons.

I like spencer and be happy if she won. but lando and perry fight in the deepest divisions in the sport at this point. Where as felicia spencer fights in the absolute most shallow division in the history of fighting.

DON'T bet the house on Spencer! Spencer and Nunes have a common opponent (and both fought her rather recently) - Cyborg. Rewatch those two fights to get some idea of how Nunes vs. Spencer will likely go. Spencer is gritty, can take a punch or two and has decent grappling...but we're talking about the greatest female MMA fighter of all time in Nunes. I predict Nunes by KO and then the 145-pound belt gets more or less retired...Spencer and Anderson sign with Bellator and eventually try their luck against Budd and Cyborg. Nunes has her remaining bouts at 135 and eventually retires as the champ to live a quiet life with her family (maybe coaching girls soccer at a nearby elementary school). The end.

Jarl

No, she’s 8-1 with her only loss being by decision while she cut Cyborg up. She sucks.

Did you even UFC 240 dude? Or the other two cards where Spencer got a first round finish? Main card in all her UFC fights. Your casual slip is showing.

Hey idiot.

You're inability to read is showing.

I have long hated WMMA but since its not going anywhere, trying to find a way to like it. Even though most fights are terrible and impossible to watch.

So get that stick out of your ass and read posts before responding.

Just a weird stat that I’ve found, since the quarantine started, all the main event winners have been the underdog.

For reference:

Lee (-145) vs Oliviera (+124)
Smith (-175) vs Glover (+140)
Ferguson (-200) vs Gaethje (+168)
Overeem (+125) vs Harris (-150)
Woodley (-180) vs Burns (+155)

*these odds were gathered from CBS Sports (some books had Overeem as the favourite)

This week Nunes is a -400 favorite against Spencer. ( she started off as a -800 favourite)

Also another fact to notice that all the dominant WMMA fighter ( Ronda, Joana, Cyborg) etc. lost to to huge underdogs. Is this time for Amanda?
You mean with no USADA five fighters in a row have stunning performances that are more than x2 as good as their last? Hmm...

How many would bet $400 on Nunes over Spencer in attempt to win $100?

The Walkers, Landos, and Perrys will never even sniff that opportunity. But a lot of you jumped on those bandwagons.

I sometimes wonder if it ever occurs to casuals & trolls like yourself, that some people might just enjoy the way someone fights & so aren't "jumping on a bandwagon" but just joining up with like minded people. There are many people from all 3 fan bases you mentioned that are still excited & hyped to see them long after these "Bandwagons" you speak of are shed of the casuals in those groups.

I was never excited with Walker but Plat & Groovy are 2 of the most exciting fighters to watch. Whether they make it to title contention or not doesn't change the fact that I always get excited to see them fight. They are so unique & bring it almost every time. A lot more than most.

dVrYO5T.jpg

Last edited:
It is entirely likely when you consider that sports betting lines are not actually a representation of the bookmakers opinion on the likelihood of the outcome. They set the initial line, but then the line is adjusted by the bets that are made.
So the final line is actually a refelction of what the betting public thinks is the likely outcome. And if you know the public, you know they are generally fucking morons.

no, the public as a whole is not. generally speaking.

https://phys.org/news/2018-04-crowd-wisdom.html

And the only one I picked wrong was Smith/Texeira.

<----GOAT fight predictor

That said, I'm going with the favorite this weekend. Spencer is impressively durable and may be able to outlast and take advantage of a gassed Nunes, but in the end I see Nunes getting her hand raised. She has added motivation to be the first to simultaneously defend two belts.

I get those other odds and that Reem's notoriously difficult to place bets on. But it's 13-7 Harris. While one thing Overeem is known for is professionalism in the sense that he doesn't let losses affect his performance. He's a top notch mercenary.

Still good info.

I’ll be honest, I have no idea who Spencer is. I tune out during wmma. That’s not even sarcasm.

@Ares Black

Is Spencer actually good?

Nunes is legit, I do believe that.
Good in comparison with the rest of the division, decent ground game, made it to the decision with Cyborg which its usually not an easy feat, not the best striking so i believe Nunes can take this pretty quick, hoping for the upset tho.

That's one of the great things in mma. I dont think theres ever been so much value/ unpredictable nature( not just last 5 mains- which is a great stat by t.s, btw) in any sport- especially in that-150 to -200 range . Even over the course of time , I'd be willing to guesstimate that -175 favorites win AS MUCH as they lose. That's insane.

I just don’t think I can pick Spencer. She’s definitely tough, and a good grappler. She’s beaten Pam Sorenson which is decent, and Megan which is decent, but that’s about it. She was tough enough to survive 3 rounds with Cyborg but certainly wasn’t winning any of them. I think Nunes is better standing, and equally good on the ground. If the fight goes deep—and I think it very well could—Spencer May have a shot somehow. But it just doesn’t seem likely to me.

Back