In the end, all that matters is the W

Sherwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
No one will remember all the salty fools talking about how close the decision was and how it could have gone either way. At the end of the day, we will only see the W's next to Jon's name since 2010. That's impressive as fuck. Long live the GOAT.

Yup,

Just look at those insufferable GSP fans today for a prime example.

All that matters is the drug use.

Can't be a GOAT, ever.

Depends. If Jones returns to dominance, then yes, people will forget how close the last 2 fights were. But if he retires on a unanimous media loss, then a lot of people will remember.

Exactly. So we agree Jones lost to Matt Hamill.

Yup,

Just look at those insufferable GSP fans today for a prime example.
I think you have them mixed up with Jones fans.

Never have I seen Jones fans come up with excuses so much to convince themselves Jon won last night.
Lol

No one will remember all the salty fools talking about how close the decision was and how it could have gone either way. At the end of the day, we will only see the W's next to Jon's name since 2010. That's impressive as fuck. Long live the GOAT.

If all that matters is the W, then that's pretty pathetic that he lost to Hamill. Seriously though, after seeing Jones off steroids, it's as clear as ever that he's nowhere near the fighter clean that he was dirty. You can spin it all you want, but he looked like shit in his last two fights.

I want to see the rematch as soon as possible. Jones has only had two rematches his career. He turned decisions into dominant stoppages.

Depends. If Jones returns to dominance, then yes, people will forget how close the last 2 fights were. But if he retires on a unanimous media loss, then a lot of people will remember.

Now that he's off the juice, he's a brutal loss waiting to happen. I mean, if he fought Ngannou, he'd get his head caved in.

I think you have them mixed up with Jones fans.

Never have I seen Jones fans come up with excuses so much to convince themselves Jon won last night.
Lol
Listen, he may got outstruck and hit by Reyes to the point where he turned his back and ran away, or where he started to panic-wrestle (at the beginning of the fourth, after eating a powerful cross from Reyes and some follow up shots), but he landed two takedowns! i mean, yeah, he couldn't keep Reyes down for a second and hasn't landed strikes from those takedowns either, but still!
..and he was aggressively going forward! well, except for that times when he ran away from Reyes, but still!

I was working for this fight but just 1 week ago I watched the Santos fight and only gave Jon the 3rd round. Everybody was shouting from the rooftops then about a rematch, but now he should also rematch reyes lol. Whats next? jon moves to HW, beats stipe in a controversial decision and has 3 rematches he owes and just retires?

If you're trying to say that most mma fans today are dense and only seem intellectually capable of forming opinions based on win-loss columns instead of actual fight analysis...

...then ya, I do actually agree with you.

It's a pretty sorry state of affairs, really. But this problem you're pointing out existed long before this weekend.

Last edited:
Listen, he may got outstruck and hit by Reyes to the point where he turned his back and ran away, or where he started to panic-wrestle (at the beginning of the fourth, after eating a powerful cross from Reyes and some follow up shots), but he landed two takedowns! i mean, yeah, he couldn't keep Reyes down for a second and hasn't landed strikes from those takedowns either, but still!
..and he was aggressively going forward! well, except for that times when he ran away from Reyes, but still!
<[analyzed}>

Back