In terms of PPV numbers Conor-Khabib won't touch Conor-Nate 2

I agree 100%, Conor is the draw here and the interest is only in his return. Khabib is not a draw at all.

Most popular MMA fighter worldwide (Conor)
+
With a bigger than ever following even outside MMA
+
Coming back after two years
+
For his first fight after the Floyd extravaganza
+
Against the undefeated Russian wrecking machine (Khabib)
+
Who is himself quite popular in many big markets
+
With personal “beef” and rivalry beyond the sport
+
After a very public incident in NYC covered by global media
+
Two months of full on promotion by the UFC and the McGregor media machine
=
Quite probably the biggest fight in UFC hostory.

If not then the UFC would have completely messed up the promotion and missed out on a unique opportunity, proving that the new ownership really has no idea what they are doing. I doubt.

I'm predicting it will break all mma ppv records...and here's why...conor's first fight back since the mayweather fight. fighting undefeated russian champion. conor was arrested and faced jail time for the bus incident which made the news...now he's fighting that same guy. it has all the making of a huge huge ppv.
The things Conor has to do to make his opponents relevant...

#ConorBless

I think Conor is a genuine superstar since the Mayweather bout and in spite of what some of the posters on here were saying most people felt he did really well considering he isn't a boxer. This will carry over and i can see him breaking 2mill with lots of opponents. The ufc needs to build khabib as some kind of unbeatable russian monster....not to exaggerate it but use his record and footage of any of the maulings he has given and make it look like he's a really special fighter. of course this all gets blown to bits when he's asleep half way through the first round.

You could very well be right, however, a lot of this will depend on how well the fight is advertised in the weeks leading up to the fight.
Exactly, i know i said it before in a more humorous way but Khabib really needs to be promoted like some Russian killer, undefeated, destroying everything in his path.

This will do bigger. I promise you guys. There is probably a prop bet for ppv buys, maybe I touch that if odds are good.

Khabib has the 2nd most instagram followers of any fighter in the UFC. If its shown on free TV in Russia, then that would be bad for PPV numbers obviously, but I think it should still do good numbers regardless.

Also the hype around McGregor's return is a bit raised perhaps because he hasn't fought in MMA for almost 2 years now, and hasn't had a fight in almost a year. So people will want to see his return, along with the bus/dolly situation they know there's animosity between the two.

I am trying to make it to the fight, any idea on ticket prices or how hard it will be to get them?

Back