In terms of PPV numbers Conor-Khabib won't touch Conor-Nate 2

Khabib is a star and this will cross 2 million easily
Khabib is nowhere near the star level of Conor and may not even be on the level of Nate. I don’t see this coming anywhere close to those numbers.

Everyone's talking about this fight as the biggest fight of all time, and I get it. You have the returning "champ champ" after a long layoff, fighting the undefeated Russian monster and current champ. It's certainly the fight to make and one everyone's been pining for.

Nevertheless, I don't think this ones going to break any records. The momentum that Conor built leading up to, and even after, the Mayweather fight, has slowed. McGregor is still tremendously popular, but it remains to be seen whether all of those casuals still have the interest. Remember, it's the CASUALS, that break PPV cards into the stratosphere.
Additionally, the Conor-Diaz 2 fight had a built in storyline. Diaz is a comic book character, and was the first fighter in the UFC to beat Conor. Everyone (EVERYONE) wondered what would happen in that second fight.
Khabib, while super popular among hardcore fans and his Russian base, isn't as well known as Diaz was after that first fight, and certainly doesn't have the attitude or bravado of Diaz (although his unique trash talking game is still pretty dope)
Look no further than Conor-Alvarez. That didn't come close to touching Conor-Diaz's numbers and that was historic. First fight for 2 simultaneous titles in the UFC AND first Madison Square Garden card, HEAVILY promoted.
I agree conor lost his hype

I concur. I’m predicting 1.2m buys. One of the biggest in UFC history but comfortably below the Diaz fights.

Conor's celebrity has only grown since he lost to Floyd, and haters want to see him get mauled by the undefeated Russian Bear Wrassler

IMO the only reason the 2nd fight was that big is because Connor lost the first one (duh). Had nothing to do w the opponent. I think this fight does big numbers as well because it's not only Connor's comeback fight after 2 years but also because of the REAL beef he has w Khabib and could've actually gone to jail for (WME will need to milk the MSG incident). Yeah Khabib's name is not as big as Nate's but please give me ONE example of Nate pulling strong numbers pre-Connor. I'm only asking for ONE. All these high numbers are all about Connor. The opponent is just in for the ride. If Diaz is such a draw on his own, why is he bitching about not being on UFC 229? Even he knows that without Connor he ain't moving no needle just like he did in the past. Whether this fight does more than Connor-Diaz II or not, I'm excited and can't wait for it. We, the fans, are the biggest winners in this!

Nate 2 did like 1,6 mil and Alvarez around 1,3 mil, the fuck you talking bout it didnt come close lol.

I think this PPV will be boosted by the dolly incident storyline, and that people havent seen Conor in MMA for almost two years now and will want to see if he still has it.

Don't underestimate PPV draws having a "comeback" fight.

They always do big numbers.

Combine that with Khabib being undefeated, the betting favourite and the bus incident and you have a recipe for massive numbers.

People underestimate the PPV buys every single time. This fight has been hyped for a long time now. It easily has the potential to be the highest UFC PPV

Disagree, I expect 2.1m.

McGregor vs Diaz 2 was before he became the champ champ and MayMac, he's bigger than ever, if anything crazy happens before the fight it could do 2.5m

Khabib and Conor have a real beef, instead of the fake beefs of Conor fights past. This shit is gonna be HUGE

Over/under at 1.5 imo. Anywhere from 1.2-1.8 wouldn't surprise me. 2 million would surprise me.

Celebrities and A-Listers love Conor and Nate. They will tweet about the fight getting casuals super hyped about it. It will still do at least a 1 million PPV's on Conor's name alone.

1.5-1.6 million at best. Don't fall for for the Mayweather fight only made him even more popular theory. You are only as good as your last fight. It's the Mayweather show, not the other way around. Do you think boxing fans who bought Mayweather/Mac will now tune into his fights in mma? Nah. He'a more known now, sure. More fans, perhaps. More ppv buys? I doubt it's a big difference. Is Khabib a bigger nemesis than Diaz? Not a chance in hell.

I think all of Russia will tune in for this one... not saying you are wrong but I wouldn’t say it’s impossible

Back