in retrospect how bad was mario Yamasaki "I let her be a warrior" claim ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
I prefer "early stoppages" for the sake of safety. The sport is supposed to emulate a real fight, right? In a real fight you don't get to recover because your opponent isn't allowed to stomp your head or something of sorts. If you're asleep for a moment, you lose, it doesn't matter if you recover a second after.

Early stoppages suck.
Late stoppages suck as well. Especially, when there is prolonged beating on an absolutely defenseless opponent, who can't tap out due to honor code or whatever
The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Few things. Cody spent long time recovering from brain trauma prior to his UFC run. Having him permanently retire from MMA on Herb's watch helps neither Cody nor Herb.
Also your gif lacks 25 punches to the head, landed prior, none of which Cody was able to defend...
What did he recover from before his UFC career?

Well the thing with Herb is you never know what you draw, he can finish it early or let you be a warrior it's a toss up. Remember CB ?

giphy.gif

At least Mario ALWAYS let them be warriors
Herb also has no self reflection. He has good decisions in tough situations then things like this happen. Instead of owning up he makes excuses. I believe in this one he said CB was covering up which meant he was defending himself lol.

I randomly came across a fight companion with Bobby Lee on it and Brad Pickett got KO'd by Almieda. He asked why did they stop it? They were like he was out cold. Bobby said, "So? They should let it go on for two more minutes. They would get more viewers that way. If he dies, he dies."

Bobby Lee is the true lets bleed god.

you are a piece of shit OP.

First of all:

1. Grown adults have signed up for it. Late finishes if accepted as the norm would be 'expected' for fighters. If fighters don't like this, they can get another job like everybody else (many of which can do so in a 1st world country, oh the suffering!).
2. Late finishes create greater entertainment value. Greater entertainment value = stronger commercial market = stronger pay for the fighters
3. Letting a fight goes on gives every opportunity for the fighter that is losing in the moment to recover. Many fighters cherish this.

Why are you arrogant enough to decide what is acceptable or not for a fighter who has conciously and knowingly signed up for it?

People like OP are ruining the product not only for the very people they are trying to protect but also for the rest of the spectators.

translation: i love watching semi-conscious or unconscious people take permanent brain damage because i can't control my bloodthirst

First of all:

1. Grown adults have signed up for it. Late finishes if accepted as the norm would be 'expected' for fighters. If fighters don't like this, they can get another job like everybody else (many of which can do so in a 1st world country, oh the suffering!).
2. Late finishes create greater entertainment value. Greater entertainment value = stronger commercial market = stronger pay for the fighters
3. Letting a fight goes on gives every opportunity for the fighter that is losing in the moment to recover. Many fighters cherish this.

Why are you arrogant enough to decide what is acceptable or not for a fighter who has conciously and knowingly signed up for it?

People like OP are ruining the product not only for the very people they are trying to protect but also for the rest of the spectators.
Don't forget to take your meds...

First of all:

You spent a lot of time on this stupid comment

In title fights, I rather have late stoppage than a early one. It leaves no doubt in anyone's eyes who won and not the loser whining about a early stoppage. At the highest level, contender fights, title fights i want the fighters to has the most chances they have to win. But fighters on the come up, it's good to save some of thei careers from a prolong beatdown or a late stoppage.

This to me is the ultimate test for a ref, do you stop this fight?

Rockhold got Weidman mounted for a full minute and just fucking him up while Weidman is just holding his hands trying to cover his face as best as possible. I mean did Herb let it go cause he saw it was a minute left, what if this happens with 4 minutes to go? A full minute of constant pounding to the face from punches and elbows is way worse then a one punch KO from Ngannou.

Love Mario, best ref in the game.

i wish we could hear some explanations from Mazagatti. i bet theyd be comedy gold

Early stoppages suck.
Late stoppages suck as well. Especially, when there is prolonged beating on an absolutely defenseless opponent, who can't tap out due to honor code or whatever
The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Few things. Cody spent long time recovering from brain trauma prior to his UFC run. Having him permanently retire from MMA on Herb's watch helps neither Cody nor Herb.
Also your gif lacks 25 punches to the head, landed prior, none of which Cody was able to defend...
A fighter not tapping out because of pride is their own doing. I can live with that.

This to me is the ultimate test for a ref, do you stop this fight?

Rockhold got Weidman mounted for a full minute and just fucking him up while Weidman is just holding his hands trying to cover his face as best as possible. I mean did Herb let it go cause he saw it was a minute left, what if this happens with 4 minutes to go? A full minute of constant pounding to the face from punches and elbows is way worse then a one punch KO from Ngannou.

It was ok because it was Weidman

First of all:

Errr....what?

Stepping into the cage is not a fight to the death. No one should expect to get hit multiple times while flailing in and out of consciousness. That's literally the job of a ref - protect the fighters from unnecessary damage.

You have a pretty warped sense of entertainment if you genuinely believe the average fan wants to see fighters get their unconscious heads bounced off the canvas long after they were incapable of defending themselves. It's a sport, not a sadistic voyeur cam for watching unnecessary CTE inflicted.

I randomly came across a fight companion with Bobby Lee on it and Brad Pickett got KO'd by Almieda. He asked why did they stop it? They were like he was out cold. Bobby said, "So? They should let it go on for two more minutes. They would get more viewers that way. If he dies, he dies."

Bobby Lee is the true lets bleed god.
Slept king bless, blood pours from heavens and fills the room with lifeless bodies... nosotros papaya.
LargeIcyIvorygull-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
translation: i love watching semi-conscious or unconscious people take permanent brain damage because i can't control my bloodthirst
Don't forget to take your meds...
You spent a lot of time on this stupid comment

Translation: I don't have a valid argument so I will type some crap for likes.

Consenting adults accepting significant risks in the form of a late finish is no different to the risks accepted in any other potentially dangerous extreme sport.

People like yourselves are literally killing the sport. The more pressure you put on the refs, the more premature stoppages there will be. There are countless fights where a fighter that looks like they're done have come back and won.

Eventually people like you will sanitise the sport to the point where someone that is slightly bloodied results in a stopped fight. You are literally killing your golden goose.

warped sense of entertainment if you genuinely believe the average fan wants to see fighters get their unconscious heads bounced off the canvas long after they were incapable of defending themselves. It's a sport, not a sadistic voyeur cam for watching unnecessary CTE inflicted.

Wrong, thats exactly what the crowd wants to see.

see crowd reactions for:

Masdival - Askren
Henderson - Bisping
Carwin - Mir
Weidman - Munoz

The crowds are off their feet screaming + cheering. Compare that to tame reactions from premature or even normal stoppages.

Translation: I don't have a valid argument so I will type some crap for likes.

Consenting adults accepting significant risks in the form of a late finish is no different to the risks accepted in any other potentially dangerous extreme sport.

People like yourselves are literally killing the sport. The more pressure you put on the refs, the more premature stoppages there will be. There are countless fights where a fighter that looks like they're done have come back and won.

Eventually people like you will sanitise the sport to the point where someone that is slightly bloodied results in a stopped fight. You are literally killing your golden goose.
Oh fuck off asshat you started your rant with "you're a piece of shit".

<{1-1}>

Back