In real sports, PED users are delegitimized. MMA should follow suit.

mma fans are the worst in the world and are mostly scummy drunken just bleed types so I guess its not such a surprise they dont give a shit about cheating either. I mean lets be honest it takes a certain kind of person to enjoy near no holds barred violence and most of the time they are scumbags and scumbags dont give a fuck about things like honor or integrity and fairness, they just want to see the biggest hits and most blood and injuries and if peds give them that then theyre all for it. I think its disgusting and this attitude is even held by the reporters of this sport still calling jon jones and anderson silva the greatest of all time. No other sport would do that.
This mentality filters from the top down. The UFC don't want to treat their biggest stars like cheaters because it will hurt them financially. If these guys were ostracized I think you'd find the general attitude towards them from the fans would be different.

People are so silly about PED'S.

Take Lance Armstrong for example. They stripped him of his tour de France wins, but did you know that if they were going to actually replace his name with a winner who didn't test positive that it would be the guy who got 18th place? Lol. That means the top 17 guys all got caught, and #18 probably just hid it well.

Mma is no different. All of you bashing fighters who have pissed dirty, guess what....your favorite fighter used them as well at some point!

Your favorite nfl, NBA of MLB player.....has taken ped's before.

If you think otherwise you are very naive.

It's fine if you want to clean up the sport. But discrediting someone because they got caught and praising someone who didn't is essentially just praising the cheater who was better at cheating.

I never understood th Armstrong outrage

Every mother fucker in the tour de france was juicing, its a wide spread fact.

It was a level playing field and Armstrong worked his ass off.

I think cycling is boring but the way they criminalized him seems absurd and hypocritical!

In baseball, Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, Sammy Sosa, and Alex Rodriguez among others are treated with disdain despite their numbers and achievements. They will never enter the Baseball Hall of Fame. Fans see them in a diminished light. Their careers will permanently have an asterisk.

Lance Armstrong is known first and foremost as a PED cheat. His Tour de France victories are irrelevant.

Yet in MMA, fans debate whether a PED cheat like Jon Jones is the GOAT. They cry when Chad Mendes is suspended for two years.

Five to six years ago, they cheered on a known PED cheat in Chael Sonnen when he challenged Anderson Silva (who at the time was seen as a clean fighter). They argued how Chael was a better fighter and treated his PED use as inconsequential.

Totally ass backwards.

"Everyone in the ufc is on steroids" - Nate Diaz

Peyton Manning took HGH and nobody fucking cares.

Literally 99% of football players are on shit and I'm a bigger football fan than MMA fan.

There is no weekly PED drug testing during the season. Funny how almost everyone just looks away

I never understood th Armstrong outrage

Every mother fucker in the tour de france was juicing, its a wide spread fact.

It was a level playing field and Armstrong worked his ass off.

I think cycling is boring but the way they criminalized him seems absurd and hypocritical!

Nah your missing a bunch of the story

Armstrong sued people over saying he took steroids. He tried to ruin people's lives and run them broke while he was really the one lying and cheating the whole time

PED's start with the kids and young athletes before they reach the big time, by then bad habits are an old hat so to speak.

The premise is wrong. The only sport it matters long term is MLB and that is just because of the HOF.

Terrible thread. Most if not all high-level athletes are on something. I guess it's too bad for you that some people recognize this, and don't completely discredit athletes. Go enjoy your "real sports" now son.

Back