In real life, how did fights between Chinese Martial Arts vs Japanese Martial Arts go?

Well then I apologize and I am not in the right state of mind right now with the current situation so I apologize if I came off in a bad way.
Why are you not in the right state of mind with the situation that is current ?

Yes that's why I want to know how real life version went like...

Also shit like this is propaganda in real life.
Making heroes out of the defeated is real life propaganda used throughout history. The 300 all died. Everyone at the Alamo died. Japan raped and pillaged huge swathes of SE Asia, China included.

Really hard to tell, its all about the individuals you would pick to settle this.
A Shaolin Monk I forgot the name did many kickboxing like fights facing many japanese guys with karate background you can easily find that on YouTube.

This thread is going to go in a good way,I can feel it. People in here will be very intelligent.

<JackieThumbsUp>

You have dishonored my family and my dojo.

:::::Begin fight sequence

Good guy wins

Roll credits.

How likely is it that TS is a huge anime nerd? I'm going with a 95% chance.

Bonus question: how likely is it that he watches hentai? I'm going with 100%.

You have dishonored my family and my dojo.

:::::Begin fight sequence

Good guy wins

Roll credits.
Sir you are very close to having your leg swept IIRC TBH NGL IMO

Sir you are very close to having your leg swept IIRC TBH NGL IMO

Western Translation:

"I'll hit you with so many rights you'll beg for a left!!!!"

::::Brawl ensues

Good guy wins

Roll credits.

The Chinese connection I remember watching that movie as a kick all the time on vhs then flying around doing kicks and punches. My dad would get mad at me after that movie

this is appalling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I alone am best!

Outer space version:

Luke: "Your overconfidence is your weakness"

Palpatine: "Your faith in your friends is yours"

Space battle ensues

:::::Light sabers too

Good guy wins

Roll credits

The Chinese connection I remember watching that movie as a kick all the time on vhs then flying around doing kicks and punches. My dad would get mad at me after that movie
hahah what kid could resist doing that shit after watching a bruce lee movie

Outer space version:

Luke: "Your overconfidence is your weakness"

Palpatine: "Your faith in your friends is yours"

Space battle ensues

:::::Light sabers too

Good guy wins

Roll credits
I find this highly offensive. The SIthlords were peaceful people

Probably the same way most fights in real life go. The better fighter wins, all things considered, including luck and the chaos of a fight.

In every movie they show that Japanese people are evil and bad. problem is, people say "Wow Bruce Lee is bad ass" because they assume it was him training in wing chun and that Japanese martial arts gets disrespected. Movies influence culture which affects real life.

I don't want pro wrestling, the hell is wrong with you!?

y’all can mock him but at least one good pount made here. Maybe two.

Lets ban any sort of competition between two ethnic groups in cinema. It offends people. Ban MMA too,while we are at it. Someone might get upset.

aye bro, so far in this thread it’s you that seems upset

Popped up in the recommendation in the latest UFC content and it got me wondering, back in the day, did Chinese martial arts ever prevail against Japanese Martial arts?
I mean, we have judo, jujitsu and karate in MMA and in abundance. But rarely do we see Chinese martial arts in MMA and even in china, there is an MMA fighter who claims he sucks at MMA and yet kicks every person who practices Tai Chi or any form of Chinese Martial Arts.
I find this video to be very disrespectful because Japanese people are great human beings with great martial arts style and they were demonized to shit and we were made to feel like their style is inferior because of nonsense like this:

EDIT:
Sorry I am not in a good state of mind right now. I had no idea to offend. I have deep respect for Japan and their culture which includes martial arts. I feel that they are vilified a bit much for the past mistakes of their ancestors.

That's like asking which is better Brazilian Jiujitsu or Jiujitsu?
BJJ is an evolution of Japanese jiujitsu.

From a practical MMA standpoint, in modern times jiujitsu is likely more effective than any Chinese martial arts today. But there was likely a time albeit centuries ago when it was not the case.

If you go back far enough, many if not all Asian cultures have influenced one another. More often than not - the culture that made the first discovery in a certain field or industry influenced their neighboring cultures. As a result, there are many examples of Chinese influence on Japanese, Vietnamese and Korean cultures.
For ex:

- If you look up the oldest Japanese sword (chokuto), you'll find they are similar to ancient Chinese swords. This is likely because China went through the bronze age earlier than Japan.

- If you look up Chinese grappling or Shuai Jiao, it's been traced back to the Zhou dynasty which was 1000B.C. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuai_jiao

- If you look up the origin of ramen, you'll see a lot of references to "La Mian" or Chinese hand-pulled noodles.

- Japanese Kanji writing system uses a lot of Chinese characters and literally means "Han writing".

Try not to dwell on the way a movie makes you feel. That movie was created by people who had relatives who experienced the Japanese occupation of China. It's only natural they will let their resentment show in their movie. It's not directed at you.

Back