In praise of cocao...a fine MDA post.

While this may be true, we aren't talking about chocolate in this context. Which is why I pointed out in moderation and not as a staple of ones diet. But as an alternative indulgence, a treat.

I've seen no one in here comment on or recommend eating an entire chocolate bar daily, and in fact many noted eating small portions or single squares sparingly. Likewise, no one is suggesting eating entire chocolate bars daily while trying to lose body fat.

I'm in complete agreement. Aint nothing wrong with a little chocolate. Bodybuilders would probably be a far less grumpy lot if they had a little dark chocolate every so often instead of dumping flax oil in their shakes.

Just correcting some nutritional info, and pointing out serving size in case some one browsing the thread decides to start downing whole bars because there's relatively few carbs.

With proper knowledge, we may save a few toilet bowls yet.

No worries. There are a lot of different chocolates being talked about here so pointing that out doesn't hurt. I like poking fun at people that flip out about things like the sugar in chocolate while they consume ~100 grams of carbohydrate in one sitting.

I want this thread to know I went out especially and got some Black and Green's 85%.

Right, I've been eating 85% now for about the last month and I agree with all, it's great! - what's interesting now is that when I have 70% it tastes too sweet, I'm lovin' the 85%, much better. Giving this popular thread a bump.

lindt_99_0.JPG.crop_display.jpg

Perfect! :)

Right, I've been eating 85% now for about the last month and I agree with all, it's great! - what's interesting now is that when I have 70% it tastes too sweet, I'm lovin' the 85%, much better. Giving this popular thread a bump.

I think it's largely a matter of expectation. People are initially turned off to super-darks because of their long established association of "chocolate" with "sweetness." Stop expecting the sweetness, and you appreciate the flavors (and what little sweetness there is) much more.

I mean, I'd been eating cocoa powder in some pretty ridiculous quantities and unsweetened baking chocolate squares for years before I gave the "serious" dark chocolates a look, so you can imagine what a treat it was when I tried my first 80-90% bars.

I think it's largely a matter of expectation. People are initially turned off to super-darks because of their long established association of "chocolate" with "sweetness." Stop expecting the sweetness, and you appreciate the flavors (and what little sweetness there is) much more.

I mean, I'd been eating cocoa powder in some pretty ridiculous quantities and unsweetened baking chocolate squares for years before I gave the "serious" dark chocolates a look, so you can imagine what a treat it was when I tried my first 80-90% bars.

Very true dude.

10thpjj - I'm coming after your 99% bar, be ready! :)

Whats the difference between cocoa nibs and the powder, is all the good stuff still intact? Good to go in shakes and how much?

Back