In Non-Jones Related News...

Da Speeit

TEAM MANLET
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Went to hit the bag today, by myself, empty gym the way I like it, and in walks Rafael Dos Anjos and two of his trainers.

He's already in shape and they were game-planning for Pettis. He and I went a few rounds on the bag next to one another and it was awesome. He was doing some press and I offered to clear out if he wanted and he was like "No man it's fine".

I've met him prior and he's awesome.

Anyway, what they were drilling for Pettis kind of swayed my opinion. I think RDA can pull this off if he fights the way he plans on fighting. And let me tell you, he's in awesome fucking shape.

I've met Pettis as well, and he's awesome, as well as a fighter I really admire and respect; the best striker in MMA in my opinion. But I think we're in for a fucking war, no matter how long it lasts.

Just a little anecdote I thought I'd share with you guys to get you as pumped for this fight as I am.

Last edited:
No airport?

9835895db3cf521b7e4aea78b2ee2434.jpg

How dare you start a new thread today that is NOT JJ or drug test related TS?!

j/k

Any pics?

How dare you start a new thread today that is NOT JJ or drug test related TS?!

j/k

Any pics?
Nah bro, he was there to fucking handle business. Any other situation I would have shamelessly asked him to help me look cool on sherdog, but he was there to talk Anthony Pettis and fucking destroy a heavy bag. Took one pic of him doing press, I'll see how if it turned out.

Since you met both Pettis and RDA, how are they in person and physical size wise, are they similar?

I have a hard time with RDA/Pettis.

With Jones/DC, I like both fighters and whoever wins, a fighter I like wins. The loser can kinda eat the loss, no biggie, no shame, no harm done.

But with RDA/Pettis, I am afraid that whoever loses gets sent to the bottom ruined. Either way, I like fights where I can support both fighters, but I am a little afraid for them both.

I am also afraid for Nelson and Reem, because Reem will probably be cut when he goes to sleep.

Since you met both Pettis and RDA, how are they in person and physical size wise, are they similar?

Pettis is thinner. RDA is fucking think and has huge hands. Thicker legs.
RDA's the bigger guy but not by much.

Nah bro, he was there to fucking handle business. Any other situation I would have shamelessly asked him to help me look cool on sherdog, but he was there to talk Anthony Pettis and fucking destroy a heavy bag. Took one pic of him doing press, I'll see how if it turned out.

How do you mean? Do you still need to develop it in the dark room?

Pettis is thinner. RDA is fucking think and has huge hands. Thicker legs.
RDA's the bigger guy but not by much.

Gotcha thanks. Yeah, always seemed to me that Pettis is just avg. if not a bit on the small side for 155er these days..plenty of bigger dudes on the roster.

Instagram is for flexin.
MMA is for Arts and Crafts

Picture's burry and you can't really make him out. Nothing special. Not going to post it. maybe later if I change my mind

What do you train in?

MT? Boxing? BJJ?

Just general "MMA"?

JeremyJitsu bro
But nah, i've trained in everything. Horrible grappler. I'm perpetually injured so I'm horrible at everything, just train for fun. I had potential at some point, but i'm too old and brittle now

Last edited:
JeremyJitsu bro
But nah, i've trained in everything. Horrible grappler. I'm perpetually injured so I'm horrible at everything, just train for fun. I had potential at some point, but i'm too old and brittle now

As a fellow perpetually injured martial artist, I've discovered that for me, I am in considerable less pain, and spend less time recovering, now that my focus is on ONE art.

I'm more able to determine the movements to avoid, that typically cause problems, than when I was doing MT, BJJ, and judo. When you force your body to move, and be punished, in the myriad of ways that is a result of cross training in multiple styles at once, injuries are far more frequent. If you also take into account that if you crosstrain you are also simply training more, and thus leave your body less time to recover, then I totally see why so many MMA fighters have to pull out of fights due to injury.

Went to hit the bag today, by myself, empty gym the way I like it, and in walks Rafael Dos Anjos and two of his trainers.

He's already in shape and they were game-planning for Pettis. He and I went a few rounds on the bag next to one another and it was awesome. He was doing some press and I offered to clear out if he wanted and he was like "No man it's fine".

I've met him prior and he's awesome.

Anyway, what they were drilling for Pettis kind of swayed my opinion. I think RDA can pull this off if he fights the way he plans on fighting. And let me tell you, he's in awesome fucking shape.

I've met Pettis as well, and he's awesome, as well as a fighter I really admire and respect; the best striker in MMA in my opinion. But I think we're in for a fucking war, no matter how long it lasts.

Just a little anecdote I thought I'd share with you guys to get you as pumped for this fight as I am.

Noice!

If it stays in the stand up, I'm expecting fireworks.

What was he drilling? I'm guessing foot stomps.

I think RDA is on a tear, but i've still got pettis. In all his recent fights Pettis seems like a different kind of animal. Like a Jones/weidman/fedor. His finishes are devastating but he makes it look too easy.

Right, I'll tell you an anecdote. In 1974 I was catching the London train from Crewe station. It was very crowded; I found myself in a last-minute rush for the one remaining seat beside a tall, good-looking man with collar-length hair, it was the seventies; buckaroo! I looked up and saw it was none other than Peter Purves, it was the height of his Blue Peter fame. He said, "You jammy bastard" and quick as a flash, I replied, "Don't be blue, Peter!" Needless to say, I had the last laugh, now fuck off!

Back