1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

In my opinion Wilder won the fight

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by MoreKane, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Jonny Ninja Red Belt

@Nova44 i didn’t want you to miss this thread :)

2. Nova44 Superbon Belt

For crying out loud, @PUO3 is there no limit on how many threads one guy can make about a single fight in less than a week? Just curious.

WklySportsMemes and Jonny Ninja like this.
  3. borntoloseNOT Brown Belt

I can't keep up with your discussions TS, they all seem like they could go into one thread. You're right, Fury wasn't done, but he was not all there and Wilder had found a home for his power and proved it ain't over til its over, but Fury survived, used time honed instinct to buy seconds, and seconds turned to minutes and by 6th he was fully back to himself and took over. I later gave Wilder one more round I think because Fury was being too cute and started getting clipped again, but yeah he was not KOd in the actual sense. But keep in mind many fighters aren't KOd and wait til the last count to get up and ref calls it. Some refs don't play on the count at all, whether the fighter was OK and just being strategic or not. So, it is one of those things I guess subjective to the ref at the time.

4. Jonny Ninja Red Belt

If @PUO3 has any sense he’ll be taking a break from the site until we’ve run out of these threads. Theres too much shit for 1 man to clean up

Nova44 likes this.
  5. PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Stop making threads on the same shit

6. jeff7b9 Silver Belt

Wilder got 23 and 24 seconds between touching the floor and the fight restart.

And the count was at "8" at 13 seconds after Wilder went down (he was standing well before this)

So the counting was shit all around but had no impact on the fight, as many others have mentioned, aside from excessive break and recovery time, which went both ways.

Zarathustra611 and Whoa Nelly like this.
  7. Jonny Ninja Red Belt

Nicely merged!

Athenry04, Nova44 and PUO3 like this.
  8. tekkennlee Hot cars and fast girls

He's a fighter that fights for a living willing to die in the ring, some agree with that while others don't, that's his choice, just like it's a soldiers choice to die for his country and us, his family, just because a soldier might make a video telling everyone he's willing to die in battle, doesn't mean he's glorifying himself to gain attention, he's actually willing to give his life and knows he might not come back from his mission, Wilder knows he might die in the ring, that's his choice, he's not trying to die, but it could happen, it just happened to that female boxer that's their choice, to step in the ring.

9. GeneTunney7 Green Belt

TS right now:

10. MoreKane Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

he was quicker on his feet, much more sharp etc. alot more bounce in his movements

it seems like he hardly trained for this fight

11. Misery Signals Orange Belt

I think Wilder came in more prepared and hungry for this and it made it harder for Fury. Fury fought hard and won because he's better overall and more durable.

I'm not buying that Fury didn't train. He was doing so in the summer and even got to push the fight back to get more in.

12. Badr Hari Brown Belt

Most people said the same thing on the rbr and the other 1536 threads made about this.

13. MoreKane Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Wilder clearly grabs the back of the head and punches him in the back of the head... cleary should not of been rule da knockdown, this is what the conspiracy behind the wilder fans are using

by the way i think the same way to Tyson's first knockdown against Wilder in the 2nd fight, it was behind the head and shouldn't of been ruled a knockdown

14. smooth assassin Black Belt

Worried about you

Nova44 and Kovalev's "Man Bag" like this.
  15. MoreKane Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

it's just the Wilder conspiracies and hypocrisy

they complained about Fury's behind the head shot in the 2nd fight that knocked down Wilder, which i agree is behind the head, now they are starting this 10 seconds long count conspiracy around the 2nd knockdown which really should of been ruled a non KD

16. smooth assassin Black Belt

It’s sad, but you make it sadder for arguing with them

17. MoreKane Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

im just trying to disprove the conspiracy theorists

18. regmma123 Brown Belt

The count really seems like a non issue

Fury’s floppy & unpadded looking gloves in previous fights are a much bigger deal

19. regmma123 Brown Belt

It was and it looked blatant

revenge maybe for Fury’s shot but the stupid ass refs should catch these things. Another argument for the corruption in boxing. 99% of dirty shots like these get caught by refs in mma

20. Zarathustra611 Yellow Belt

Yeah Fury got him there. Got away with one I agree. But it's a part of fighting. Some guys are rough, they push it & Tyson is a gypsy boxer, he's got a million tricks Deontay has never seen.