in light of Mickey Gall being a legit beast, does CM Punk deserve another shot

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
giving CM Punk MIckey Gall as a 1st fight was truthfully quite unfair. I'm not sure if there's anyone in the roster he can actually beat, but it would be cool if they raffle an opportunity to fight CM Punk for charity or something

I guess Gall is pretty skilled, not that they could know that they signed him as basically a nobody.....But even guys just breaking into the pros have tons more experience than Punk

They should have let Punk fight that Michael Jackson guy

Here's my take from a few months ago:

Is a guy in his early 20s, with 2 pro fights, really that much less of a threat that a guy in his mid 30s with with 20-30 pro fights?

Fresh young dude, in his athletic prime (not necessarily martial arts prime), in good physical condition, no battle scars, no taxes on the body, no surgeries no lingering injuries...

VS

A more experienced fighter, multiple surgeries, tested chin (perhaps cracked), lingering injuries, taxed with age tolled with damage.

Not saying that it is black or white, or that it is always one or the other, but I'm guessing the answer lies somewhere in between.
-------------------------

Further validated by Mickey's recent performance

They're going to because of money. CM Punk still draws. Until he stops drawing is when they cut him.

I think so. They need to gift him with one or two wins then put him on the desk.

I think so. They need to gift him with one or two wins then put him on the desk.
The problem is there are no match ups for Punk that would be considered 'gifts'. He's that bad.

The problem is there are no match ups for Punk that would be considered 'gifts'. He's that bad.

Indeed man. It's difficult. I just don't wanna see the guy on the desk with an 0-3 record which is probably going to happen...

I feel like the only thing fair would be for him to fight a fan. Like bully beatdown style of thing

Another chance at what? An MMA career in the most elite organization there is? No. No he doesn't.

He deserves to live out his dream in the amateur circuit.

Oh they're out there considering he's 0-1, I don't it's crazy to match him up with a "jobber"

What for? Punk already won… he gets to come home to this…

3d93e536bbb92df9a6e611f043ffadc1.gif

Gall is a real go-getter. Campaigns hard for fights, calls people out, gets the fights and wins. Nice persistence!

giving CM Punk MIckey Gall as a 1st fight was truthfully quite unfair. I'm not sure if there's anyone in the roster he can actually beat, but it would be cool if they raffle an opportunity to fight CM Punk for charity or something

I cannot un-see that "punch" that he threw before he got taken down.

I say...

Punk vs Sage at 170 on fox

thatll draw.

dayna will be happy no matter who wins.

I guess Gall is pretty skilled, not that they could know that they signed him as basically a nobody.....But even guys just breaking into the pros have tons more experience than Punk

They should have let Punk fight that Michael Jackson guy

Agreed, having that mini tourney where the winner fights CM Punk made no sense. Both guys already had way more combat experience than Punk, and you're going to let the better fighter of the two fight Punk ? Made no sense. I think Michael Jackson would of still beaten him, he has some striking behind him...that punch Punk threw looked like something you'd see from a youtube street fight, I'm not even kidding.

I cannot un-see that "punch" that he threw before he got taken down.
To be fair he looked confused halfway through throwing it because he knew Gall wasn't there anymore....Looked like he almost wanted to take it back but it was too late

But yeah not a good look

Back