In less than 12 hours we'll have a new champ!

It's destiny. These two guys are meant to have a trilogy.

I just can't picture Gus winning. Gus is the best of Jones opponents but Jones is at this point approaching MJ status in MMA I just don't think he'll lose he's done so many great things all ready. Physically humans reach their athletic primes at age 27 and Jones is only 26. The fact Gus is 26 as well makes this fight more exciting as we've never seen Jones fight someone from his generation before but I just can't picture then handing Gus the belt.

I'm picking Wineland to dethrone Barao, honestly believe he has a better shot than Gus.

They're both good challengers though.

Heisenberg has spoken! And Gus is not called the mauler for nothing. Jones is gonna look funny getting beat up haha! He doesn't like to get hit in practice and was saying he wasn't training with a mouthpiece on. To me that sounds weird. If I was training to fight a guy who knocks people out, I would think that it would help to take punches during training so in case you get popped with a really good putaso in the fight you're more well prepared for that scenario. Banking on not getting hit in an MMA fight just seems crazy to me. I guess we will find out tonight!

so you think getting hit really hard in training is going to help you when you get hit really hard in a fight?

that's stupid even by sherdog standards.

I just can't picture Gus winning. Gus is the best of Jones opponents but Jones is at this point approaching MJ status in MMA I just don't think he'll lose he's done so many great things all ready. Physically humans reach their athletic primes at age 27 and Jones is only 26. The fact Gus is 26 as well makes this fight more exciting as we've never seen Jones fight someone from his generation before but I just can't picture then handing Gus the belt.

I'm sure you pictured Weidman getting the belt

I hope so! There are many people that are hoping Gus wins

w8i6ho2.gif

Jones is going to handle Gus just like Heisenberg handled Gus.

Jones is going to handle Gus just like Heisenberg handled Gus.

Giancarlo Esposito, the actor who played Gus, used to live in my hometown of Ridgefield, CT... Sometimes you'd see him out and about. Never knew what a badass he was til BB...

I would love Gus being the champ, but Jones is too good. Wineland is a serious threat to Barao.

I wonder what will happen on Sherdog if Gus wins.

so you think getting hit really hard in training is going to help you when you get hit really hard in a fight?

that's stupid even by sherdog standards.

What exactly are sherdog standards? And yes I think it would help immensely, look at how he took those hits from Alex, not very good defense in my opinion and if he had been getting hit in practice he would have been able to absorb those shots and work his game instead of looking like a deer in headlights. If you need further evidence, just look at Chute Boxe's history and their fighters.

Back