In Hindsight, Rockhold should try at 205 Again

He's had issues cutting to 185. He was borderline delusional before the Romero fight.

Issues maybe but he's never missed weight and never had a fight called off for a botched weight cut.

Frankly I don't know how he makes 185 given his height and frame but he's done it successfully his entire career.

The man He Had to Fight in His LHW Debut Just became the Champ so basically Luke Had to Fight the LHW Champ right in His Debut at that Divison. I think He deserves another Chance against some1 Like Anthony Smith.

5eabe2b31441925916184053
That's what I was saying. Loss looked bad at the time but not so much now. He has to work on his defense tho.

Issues maybe but he's never missed weight and never had a fight called off for a botched weight cut.

Frankly I don't know how he makes 185 given his height and frame but he's done it successfully his entire career.

And he has still had negative effects for it.

luke is done fighting, unless his goal is to be continually embarassed

I still like MW for him. More opportunities down there.

I'm still down to see Smith vs Rockhold. And at this point it makes sense.

He's probably still choked about Rogan being shocked that he'd try to take Jan down. Seriously, Joe was saying how shocked he was that Luke would pursue that route when on paper he had the striking advantage.

"Jan is a great grappler. I'm very surprised Luke would engage in the grappling department with him here."

It was like Joe had never seen either guy fight.

He's probably still choked about Rogan being shocked that he'd try to take Jan down. Seriously, Joe was saying how shocked he was that Luke would pursue that route when on paper he had the striking advantage.

"Jan is a great grappler. I'm very surprised Luke would engage in the grappling department with him here."

It was like Joe had never seen either guy fight.
I mean to be fair, Jan hadn't TKO'd anyone since 2014 and that was this.
JB-Latifi.gif

He wasn't known for his KO threat to the extent he is now, had more submission wins than Luke at the time.

I mean to be fair, Jan hadn't TKO'd anyone since 2014 and that was this.
JB-Latifi.gif

He wasn't known for his KO threat to the extent he is now, had more submission wins than Luke at the time.

I get what you're saying but Jan's primary game (in the UFC at least) was always kickboxing, with some aggro submissions thrown in there. When he lost, it was because his grappling and TDD wasn't up to par with guys like Cummins or Anderson... well, that and his cardio. Even in his losses though, his standup skills still stood out, like when he turned Gus into an NCAA All-American after rocking him a couple times early. He didn't have the finishes against top level guys per se, but for Joe to give Rockhold the edge in the standup made no sense to me at all. It also belittled Rockhold's incredible ground game to boot.

Cliffnotes version, Rockhold is a better grappler than he is a striker and Blachowicz is a better striker than he is a grappler but Joe was stating the reverse.

I get what you're saying but Jan's primary game (in the UFC at least) was always kickboxing, with some aggro submissions thrown in there. When he lost, it was because his grappling and TDD wasn't up to par with guys like Cummins or Anderson... well, that and his cardio. Even in his losses though, his standup skills still stood out, like when he turned Gus into an NCAA All-American after rocking him a couple times early. He didn't have the finishes against top level guys per se, but for Joe to give Rockhold the edge in the standup made no sense to me at all. It also belittled Rockhold's incredible ground game to boot.

Cliffnotes version, Rockhold is a better grappler than he is a striker and Blachowicz is a better striker than he is a grappler but Joe was stating the reverse.
Yeah you're right, I guess he saw the question mark kicks and jizzed his pants cause he loves a flashy kick.
z8f4Ttt.gif

It's a term stemming from MMA video games, the "Create a Fighter" option, that's now used to describe a generic looking fighter with no special attributes. Ant's kind of the poster boy for live action CAFs. Has all the right tattoos and everything. It's been a part of the forum's folklore for a while now.

I was going to ask the same question. Thank you for the eloquent answer.

nah, he didn't look comfortable with all of that weight fighting bigger guys. gassed quick.

You sound like one of his coaches. How is moving up in weight going to teach him to keep his hands up and stop backing straight away after every engagement? He’s got a fundamental problem that has nothing to do with weight.

sorry that came off like a dick and I didn’t mean for it to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back