In hindsight are the UFC fighters just as juiced as the Pride fighters were?

MadVibez

If do right, no can defense!
@Green
Reaction score
Discrediting Pride competition as being juiced seems funny now USADA entered the game.! Thoughts?

No, Pride had no testing at all, guys went into the ring all roided up while UFC still had pre-post fight testing which required the athlete to tamper off their steroid usage before the fight

If JADA (Japanese Anti-Doping Association) started testing in PRIDE, PRIDE would have shut down a long time before they did...

more elaborate & efficient are the roiding processes of the MMArtists today.

Just imagine all of the great fights we may have never seen if they had tested back then. Testing sucks IMO.

Maybe so but is there any proof that most pride fighters roided?! Seems like most UFC fighters are also on steroids

Someone should ask Josh Barnett that question.
He probably knows best.

The difference is that many ped's are/were legal in Japan but not in the USA. I recall seeing "hormone" stores in Tokyo where one could buy supplements

During training it probably wasn't that much different. On fight night it was very different.

No, Pride had no testing at all, guys went into the ring all roided up while UFC still had pre-post fight testing which required the athlete to tamper off their steroid usage before the fight

This. And I love PRIDE.

Pride it wasn't even frowned upon, they probably shot up while walking to the cage er ring

Can anyone give an example of pride fighters that were obviously on steroids... I think of Mark Coleman... Wandy looked different when entering the UFC can't think of any other Dan?

Pride didn't test but when pride came on U.S. soil the NSAC did and vitor learned the hard way

People in PRIDE looked like shit compared to today "clean athletes" in the UFC.

Their two best fighters in Fedor and Big Nog looked nothing like the ripped UFC monsters.

Fucking Sakuraba looked like crap. Gomi also looked like shit.

Rampage was skinny, Shogun was skinny, hell even Overeem was skinny.

Coleman, Wand, Hendo and Arona were the only ones with impressive physiques as far as I can remember.

You mean we'd miss ol the fun of the roid rage episodes team Hammer House (And others) brougth us?

Also, provide evidence of those tiny chain-smoking hard drinking tough japs roiding. Or fighters like the Ruas brothers (Being Brazilain and training with Wandy and Cris Cyborg is not evidence), Igor and many others...

People in PRIDE looked like shit compared to today "clean athletes" in the UFC.

Coleman, Wand, Hendo and Arona were the only ones with impressive physiques as far as I can remember.
That doesn't make sense random roiders at my gym are ripped so why use roids and look like shit or weren't they roiding?

That doesn't make sense random roiders at my gym are ripped so why use roids and look like shit or weren't they roiding?

My guess is that they didn't do steroids as much as you would like to think.

PRIDE didn't release fighters like the UFC does. Less pressure. All you had to do was fight like a man and the crowd would love you.

Back