In depth articles on creatine and pre workout supplements

Synapse

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sherdoggers,

I'm hoping there isn't a rule issue with linking to my own blog; if soI will remove it immediately.

I've written two relatively exhaustive, research based articles on creatine and pre workout supplements.

If the topics interest you, give them a look. I'm not after subs or ad revenue, but I would love any feedback or criticisms.

You can find the articles at:
http://corpuscompendium.blogspot.com/2013/01/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know.html

and

http://corpuscompendium.blogspot.com/2013/01/an-in-depth-look-at-pre-workout_8.html

I appreciate your time and feedback, thanks.

Creatine......good?

If you don't want to read the article, then in a word, yes.

Cost effective, high frequency of response, decent performance increase for anaerobic work, very few side effects.

i read the pwo article, well done.

in short, pre workout supplements are a giant crock of marketing dog shit, and you would be better to save your money for a healthy meal and a cup of coffee.

good read, ts.

They are good articles, but I feel this niche has already been filled by a superior product.

Examine.com has even more in-depth, more referenced, and more comprehensive reviews of supplements compared to your website. Example, their article on Creatine: http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/

This isn't to say you did a bad job (they were good), just that there is another very good product out there you're competing with.

They are good articles, but I feel this niche has already been filled by a superior product.

Examine.com has even more in-depth, more referenced, and more comprehensive reviews of supplements compared to your website. Example, their article on Creatine: http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/

This isn't to say you did a bad job (they were good), just that there is another very good product out there you're competing with.

That is unquestionably more in depth, so much so that I'm not sure it's comparable. I think perhaps my article might target a slightly different audience which wants a no bullshit run down of exactly what stuff does, without having to read a textbook. I certainly appreciate it and maybe I'm way off, but I don't think the average gymgoer would read through that, while I would like to hope that they'd be able to easily digest mine. Excellent link though, thanks for the feedback.

Also, my blog isn't about supplements per say, it's about a research based approach to fitness. I just happened to do two articles on supplements because they are so often talked about and I figured it would be a good starting point. There will be a whole mess of articles and a soon to be finished book utilizing the same approach of easily digestible but highly credible research on every topic to do with fitness.

Thank you for your time, and thanks to everyone else as well!

His articles are good for average people. Not everyone is a nerd like you and I ;)

I read the first link and I appreciate the time you've put into the articles and sharing it with us here at the forum. Thank you.

Creatine......good?

Creatine is the 2nd most research supplement ever (protein being #1). Those are the only 2 supps that are clinically proven to help increase lean muscle mass. Creatine good.

Nice article. It is agood length to provide the general fitness population with enough technical info without losing their interest.

Haven't studies shown CEE to be largely non-effective?

Sort of. It's a mixed bag, but it has never been shown as being more efficacious than monohydrate. Monohydrate is as good or better, and it costs less, so it should be everyone's choice :)

Sort of. It's a mixed bag, but it has never been shown as being more efficacious than monohydrate. Monohydrate is as good or better, and it costs less, so it should be everyone's choice :)

Pretty much this. It's been shown to have a bit rate of response, and can mitigate the stomach discomfort, but other than that, meh.

That is unquestionably more in depth, so much so that I'm not sure it's comparable. I think perhaps my article might target a slightly different audience which wants a no bullshit run down of exactly what stuff does, without having to read a textbook. I certainly appreciate it and maybe I'm way off, but I don't think the average gymgoer would read through that, while I would like to hope that they'd be able to easily digest mine. Excellent link though, thanks for the feedback.

Also, my blog isn't about supplements per say, it's about a research based approach to fitness. I just happened to do two articles on supplements because they are so often talked about and I figured it would be a good starting point. There will be a whole mess of articles and a soon to be finished book utilizing the same approach of easily digestible but highly credible research on every topic to do with fitness.

Thank you for your time, and thanks to everyone else as well!

Yeah, you're right. I overlooked that aspect. Looking forward to seeing more of your articles, you seem like a bright guy.

what a badass site. this is the type of sites i can read for hours.

His articles are good for average people. Not everyone is a nerd like you and I ;)

I'm from Examine - just wanted to say - while our Complete Summaries can be quite daunting, the rest of the content is (generally) simplified.

We do try to trust that people are smart and can read for more than 1 minute and don't need Top 10 lists :)

I'm from Examine - just wanted to say - while our Complete Summaries can be quite daunting, the rest of the content is (generalllied.

We do try to trust that people are smart and can read for more than 1 minute and don't need Top 10 lists :)

I would agree with all of this. Examine is a tremendous resource for any interested person. For the people who can't read for more than a few minutes, though, the TS' rundown is pretty good.

I'm from Examine - just wanted to say - while our Complete Summaries can be quite daunting, the rest of the content is (generally) simplified.

Just wanna say that I love the site, keep up the good work.

If you ever need contributors, I'm for hire :D

Just wanna say that I love the site, keep up the good work.

If you ever need contributors, I'm for hire :D

Thanks for the kind words guys.

As for available to hire - hah ;) Let me make a single cent in profit sometimes in 2015 and then we can talk :)

In all seriousness, if you guys come across any errors/studies, please let us know. There is a discussion page for each supplement, the contact page is a simple form, and there is a "Contribute Study" link under the Supplements menu.

Back