In defense of 49-46

One of the other judges had Jones winning round 2. The other judge had him winning round 3. It isn't that far-fetched someone had him winning both.

The issue most people have is, looking at the whole fight, they don't think Jones won four rounds or 80% of the fight. But that's not how fights are scored. This isn't Pride. Fights aren't scored as a whole.

I think if you can justify a judge scoring round 2 for Jones and a judge scoring round 3 for Jones, then it isn't that terrible for a judge to give him both.
It's funny to see people shit so strongly on the 49-46 scoreline for Jones. A perfect example is the ESPN post-fight show with Okamoto and Helwani. They both scored it 48-47 to Reyes, with Brett thinking the 2nd could go either way, and Ariel thinking the 3rd could go either way. Yet they then ridicule the judge who scored it 49-46 to Jones. Even though that judge agrees with both of them on rounds 1, 4, and 5, and one of them for 2, and the other for 3. Hardly "wacky" or "out there", as they put it.

Matt is the lineal champ despite Jones being on roids and cheating, what do you think of that?
I think you are butt hurt that Skill and Talent don't come from a magic pill hahahahahaha.

Don't it just suck to know Jones is just that good?

I think you are butt hurt that Skill and Talent don't come from a magic pill hahahahahaha.

Don't it just suck to know Jones is just that good?

magic pill makes up for a lack of skill whicH makes it sad that green IT technician Reyes and crippled, old santos outstruck him
<{MingNope}>

That’s the problem, You can’t justify Jones winning any other rounds than 4 and 5
I think Reyes did the most damage in round 4.
Some of those shots Jones ate would have KO'd some heavyweights.

That being said, I'd give Reyes round 4.

magic pill makes up for a lack of skill whicH makes it sad that green IT technician Reyes and crippled, old santos outstruck him
<{MingNope}>
And both of your heros still loss, FUCKING LOL.

Santos got sent to the hospital with not one but two injured legs HAHAHAHAHAHA.

When you get done crying and whining Jones is still the champ and there is nothing you can do about it. Keep them tears coming lil momma. We know Jones has you on suicide watch HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

One of the other judges had Jones winning round 2. The other judge had him winning round 3. It isn't that far-fetched someone had him winning both.

The issue most people have is, looking at the whole fight, they don't think Jones won four rounds or 80% of the fight. But that's not how fights are scored. This isn't Pride. Fights aren't scored as a whole.

I think if you can justify a judge scoring round 2 for Jones and a judge scoring round 3 for Jones, then it isn't that terrible for a judge to give him both.
You are correct, that won't go over well

“Well that was a pretty clear cut win for ____ but close enough for the judges to fuck it up, let’s see what we get on the cards.”
Pretty much this. This crosses my mind Everytime a decision is being read

Anyone who uses ' but he got outstruck' argument has to look at the judging criteria. It sucks, but majority of sherdoggers wanted this new stupid change to the judging criteria.... Awesome

Anyway, one guy can land 20 shot and the other 1, and the judges can give the round to the guy who landed 1 according to the new scoring system

Back