1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

In defense of 49-46

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Joker Jiujitsu, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Joker Jiujitsu Free toy in my Happy Meal

One of the other judges had Jones winning round 2. The other judge had him winning round 3. It isn't that far-fetched someone had him winning both.

The issue most people have is, looking at the whole fight, they don't think Jones won four rounds or 80% of the fight. But that's not how fights are scored. This isn't Pride. Fights aren't scored as a whole.

I think if you can justify a judge scoring round 2 for Jones and a judge scoring round 3 for Jones, then it isn't that terrible for a judge to give him both.

2. Perrichet Arteta is a fraud

That’s the problem, You can’t justify Jones winning any other rounds than 4 and 5

3. jeff7b9 Silver Belt

But can you justify round 2 or 3 to Jones?

* I went into the decision thinking it would be possible for Jon to get a controversial champ/star decision, as round 2/3 were arguably close if you sneezed 11-13 times when Dom was landing or were viewing from an angle which blocked several of Dom’s shots landing. IE - within the range of shitty judging.

Sadly this is how I now view fights. (Probably more from boxing, but it happens in both sports)

“Well that was a pretty clear cut win for ____ but close enough for the judges to fuck it up, let’s see what we get on the cards.”

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  4. OneManGang Brown Belt

Please visit your optician, you are legally blind. Reyes “won” the first minute of round 1,2 and 3, and Jones the last 4 minutes.

5. cyrusthevyrus Banned Banned

eaxctly this. Reyes actually won 4 rounds.

6. Juice Purple Belt

You are Jones biggest hater making up bullshit lies as usual. Even Reyes said Jones won rounds 4 and 5 you goof. So how would you have Reyes winning 4 rounds?

Jones actually won 4 rounds. Or you can argue about Round 2 in which Reyes still did nothing but waste energy with a bunch of missed shots.

Even in the first round in which everyone gives to Reyes, Jones still landed head kicks and punches to Reyes face.

Also your hero Reyes ran most of the fight like a scared bitch.

7. Streeter Silver Belt

I would have had Reyes winning 1 2 3 as well but rds 2 n 3 could have gone either way as Reyes only fought like a minute of both rds

8. Shinobi Banned Banned

How is that not far fetched if Jon, by every possible metric, got outstruck in the first 3 rounds. What did he do to win ANY of those rounds? If you are not blind, and if you are not retarded, how can you look at any of those rounds and think Jon won? Won doing what? How do you win a round where you failed to do anything significant, got shut down and outstruck? Not only Reyes landed more, but his strikes had fucking impact. You could hear them.

9. GrantB13 Red Belt

Jones' strikes don't erase and nullify Reyes' strikes, fool. "Jones still landed" seems like defacto reason for Jones winning against Santos and Reyes. It isn't how it works.

10. Perrichet Arteta is a fraud

Don’t be telling me I’m blind when you clearly watched the fight with Jones’ limp dick covering your face

11. Volador Black Belt

Yeah, but you can’t.

12. EVIL WAR GOD Black Belt

I see it the same way. I scored rounds 2, 4 and 5 for Jon. I gave 1 and 3 to Rayes but I specifically remember round 3 being close and thinking it could be judged either way depending how you score octagon control.

The judging was fine and anyone that thinks it was a robbery either doesn’t understand scoring a fight or they just can’t be objective and see past their bias.

13. Tweak896 Black Belt

If you factored takedowns and keeping center of ring as big factors, then its possible you scored 4-1 Jones. Personally I scored based off strikes and didn't score takedowns as much because they weren't effective. But hey, those are factors.

14. cyrusthevyrus Banned Banned

so delusional :)))) go and watch circus, this is not MMA

Jones is an actor, he would do well against John Cena, not against heavyweights such as Stipe of Ngannou

15. Juice Purple Belt

And you still mad Jones is still the champ and another one of your heros lost.

16. Juice Purple Belt

Another one of your heros lost to Jones and you are just butt hurt about it, whats new? Deal with it.

17. HUGHPHUG ALL CAPS YO

Jeeeez you guys are wound tight

18. djacobox372 Steel Belt

There's not rational excuse for giving Jones the 1st or 3rd round. That's just corrupt, incompetent or both.

Why can't we get competent and accountable judging in combat sports?

I had it for Reyes, but I scored two 10-10 rounds so it could go either way.

rd 1, Reyes (easily)
    rd 2, 10- 10 (if I had to give it to someone I'd give it to Reyes, but I think scores are more accurate when close rounds like this are scored 10-10)
    rd 3, Reyes
    rd 4, 10-10 (jones was hurt in the beginning of the round, resorting to panic wrestling, but came back to control the rest of the round).
    rd 5, Jones

19. lawrencel2 Blue Belt

Round 3 is a little harder to give to jones imo, but I woulda been fine with 3-2 Reyes as well.
    Just rewatched it and scored it 3-2 jones again. Round 2 is the deciding factor it seems

20. cyrusthevyrus Banned Banned

its your problem if your support freak shows, clown