Social In China there is a charge on the books called "Picking quarrels and provoking trouble"

--
Could you imagine if the US had this charge on the books. All of in the Warroom would be in jail...lol
They are light years a head of China at controlling the Populace. They got that covered from the years of bombarding the minds of the masses with propaganda to the point where they are numb to any kind of differing views. Quote from the late George Carlin:
“Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land, they own and control the corporations that've long since bought and paid for, the senate, the congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pocket, and they own all the big media companies so they control just about all of the news and the information you get to hear. They got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying to get what they want. Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else. But I'll tell you what they don't want. They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that. That doesn't help them.”

And in America innocent people are gunned down by police every single day of the year

It’s called authoritarianism

Seems many people only like certain flavors of it- in the case of Sherdog it’s acceptable so long as the authoritarians are American

14th post on the thread and some goof steers it right into America.

And in America innocent people are gunned down by police every single day of the year

Seems many people only like certain flavors of it- in the case of Sherdog it’s acceptable so long as the authoritarians are American

Yes and they keep redefining what “resisting arrest” means so the cops are never wrong no matter what the situation. Soon blinking and breathing will be all it takes.

They are light years a head of China at controlling the Populace. They got that covered from the years of bombarding the minds of the masses with propaganda to the point where they are numb to any kind of differing views. Quote from the late George Carlin:
“Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land, they own and control the corporations that've long since bought and paid for, the senate, the congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pocket, and they own all the big media companies so they control just about all of the news and the information you get to hear. They got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying to get what they want. Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else. But I'll tell you what they don't want. They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that. That doesn't help them.”
You think the US is more authoritarian than China?

Do you think a Chinese equivalent of Geroge Carlin would have been tolerated by the CCP?

i think there is also a charge called being a muslim. that gets you a nice trip to a camp

Lol you’re friggin dumb.
Yeah, if you go literally in almost any big enough country there are innocent people being gunned down everyday lol. That's only 365 people. Also many of these are not innocent as in really innocent. That is, in principle they shouldn't be killed but they're robbers, burglars, criminals running away from police, picking fights with cops(Michael Brown) that wouldn't get killed in normal situations.
People in the US don't have the police come to their door and kill or arrest them because they dislike Trump.

We don't need to worry about the Orwellian actions of other governments when we've get plenty of it going on in our backyard right now.

You think the US is more authoritarian than China?

Do you think a Chinese equivalent of Geroge Carlin would have been tolerated by the CCP?
If you're asking me to choose the lesser of two evil, I would choose neither. Is it really that hard to find and elect one good honest politician in the greatest Country on the planet?
We don't need to worry about the Orwellian actions of other governments when we've get plenty of it going on in our backyard right now.
that's what I'm saying, worry about your own people, and take care of them first before deciding to take care of the World. One shit at a time yada yada.

Neither is acceptable to me and a lot of posters. However, China's is worse.

Er, I guess I see where you are coming from, but that way is pretty hard on the intellectuals.

Yeah I get it, we should hope for a better world were countries like China be more open and progressive as that will be a Net contribution to humanity.

But I am just pessimistic, It seems tjat the CCP is only interested in maintaining its power and their militaristic approach to their governance shows that.

And at this point they are strong enough that its only their own stupidity that could slow them down.

If they are going to double down on their anti intellectual crusade that could be one of the reasons they will decline on the end.

If I am not mistaken most regimes who went that route eventually collapsed.

I view militaristic societies no different than school yard meatheads its like meathead culture on steroids all that they value is brute force becsuse its the only way they knoe to gain power and wealth until the day comes they will have a tooth ache and realize AK 47s cant do dental procedures there will be no dentist to visit, no engineers to fix the power plants.

I honestly do not understand your question. Hear how what?
How are China’s laws worse than America when the NDAA first signed by Obama and now Trump says Americans can be detained indefinitely without charge?

If you're asking me to choose the lesser of two evil, I would choose neither. Is it really that hard to find and elect one good honest politician in the greatest Country on the planet?
So you're saying the US and China are equal when it comes to authoritarianism?

How are China’s laws worse than America when the NDAA first signed by Obama and now Trump says Americans can be detained indefinitely without charge?

We still have freedom of speech. China jails journalists, bloggers and literally anyone that criticizes the government.

China jails ethnic Uighur men and then forces their wives to marry the local Chinese men.

China organ harvests people in jail - the main beneficiaries being the people connected to power or the highest bidder.

China censors the entire country from accessing vast swaths of the internet. The list goes on and on. China is FAR worse.

The government literally sees human rights as an existential threat. I don't know how anyone could say otherwise - it's blatantly obvious.

Last edited:
We still have freedom of speech. China jails journalists, bloggers and literally anyone that criticizes the government.

China jails ethnic Uighur men and then forces their wives to marry the local Chinese men.

China organ harvests people in jail - the main beneficiaries being the people connected to power or the highest bidder.

China censors the entire country from accessing vast swaths of the internet. The list goes on and on. China is FAR worse.

The government literally sees human rights as an existential threat. I don;t know how anyone could say otherwise - it's blatantly obvious.
Our media is corporatized, totally subservient to profiteering which means it it incredibly corrupted and thus unreliable

Police kill 3-5 unarmed citizens per day every year

Private prisons work prisoners at $1/hr to manufacture goods for corporations

All internet traffic is run through DHS and FBI database and heavily monitored

The US government literally sees economic rights as an existential threat

The parallels are truly astounding. I don’t see how anyone can’t see the same. The US is an absolute authoritarian nightmare much like China. Truly Orwellian

Back