in case you've forgotten. the prodigy ladies and gentlemen

oh, you mean "on the street"

yah i would rather have my shoulder broken than be choked to death.

but i'm referring to mma.

look at it this way... in jiu jitsu when you learn the kimura they say "be careful when you practice this because its really dangerous". They dont say that when you learn chokes.

hence, Palhares cranking the kimura is much more unsportsmanlike than BJ holding a choke for a few seconds too long.

Oh no I completely agree with you! I've had my arm tweaked with a kimura the first time I rolled. Guy was an asshole. Never had any problems with chokes.

I was just saying that I think that's what the other poster was referring to.

BJ held on longer to a more dangerous submission against Pulver than Palhares did to Shields

But he hasn't done that on nearly every sub he's gotten like Mr. Harris has. Paul has done it in training, grappling and mma. It's not just the holding either, it's how much he cranks after the tap where as pretty much everyone else holds it in place until the ref steps in, if not releasing it before. The dude has to be torn off opponents every single time.

One of the most overrated fighters ever.

Read my sig. That's BJ!

Do people not preview OP anymore?

I used to love BJ Penn, great fighter but he went on a quick decline, would support if he fought again.

Read my sig. That's BJ!

"When GSP fought Jon Fitch, he said he was like the terminator, coz he kept coming back. Well, if he thinks Fitch is the terminator, he's gonna think I'm God. I'm not gonna stop." - BJ Penn

and then he quit...

Love the guy, don't care about his record or who he lost to, he is one of my sporting hero's

Will always support him whatever he does

Amadeus Penn > Prodigy

up-The_Sadies___Amanda_Schenk.jpg

Goes to show raw talent only takes you so far.

Back