In case you were wondering what Dong Bar was doing....

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BluntForceTrama, Jan 14, 2015.

1. BluntForceTrama

BluntForceTrama Brown Belt

November 2014

He's pretty slick on the ground. Still one of the best judokas out there. Shame he never made it into the UFC.

Riki Fukuda is also in there somewhere in the same promo if you look a little along the sides.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  2. Git rekt

Git rekt Blue Belt

Didn't even know who was before this. Good stuff though. Bit more grappling then i care to see but im one of those people who really just enjoys striking, though i do respect the submission game.

3. BluntForceTrama

He beat Manhoef with an armbar after getting absolutely destroyed with one punch moments before. Dudes a gamer.

Cmon folks...no love for the Dong Bar?

I thought Id try to shake things up instead of the 100 McGoat threads/Great White Hope threads.

4. BluntForceTrama

5. BrazilianDude

BrazilianDude Gold Belt

I'll check this out when I get home. I love to see judo in mma.

6. BluntForceTrama

From Wiki:

Yoon made his MMA debut at PRIDE Total Elimination 2005 against legendary Japanese fighter Kazushi Sakuraba. It was a heavily anticipated matchup in both Japan and Korea due to the rivalry between the two nations and it was Sakuraba's comeback match after a ten month absence due to injuries. With a lack of MMA experience and knowledge, Yoon lost to Sakuraba only 38 seconds into the match.[3] After the match, Yoon accepted the offer to join Sakuraba's Takada Dojo.[4] Yoon tasted his first victory in MMA at the K-1 Dynamite!! USA event, where he scored a surprising submission win over heavily favored Dutch kickboxer Melvin Manhoef. Yoon went on to win his second consecutive fight at HERO'S by beating former Cage Rage champion Zelg Galesic by armbar after only 1 minute 29 seconds.[5]

On October 28, 2007 Yoon also beat F

7. BrazilianDude

BrazilianDude Gold Belt