In-Cage Moments that Ruin a Fighter for You

I like your logic.

So every fighter in any MMA Org obeying rules is a pussy?

That website has "street fights" or did 10 years ago when I was as cool as you. Go watch some scraps!

ahhh, sarcasm lol, its true about me being cooler than you though, so you got some of it right, also why street fights? why would i watch that? i love mma, just some fans i dont like (people like you)

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume people are mad at TS because he mentioned Anderson and they put their fighter-protector cape on.... even though he also mentioned Aoki.

It seems that way to me. People here are pretty protective of their MW champ. I bet that if instead I brought up Koscheck's phantom knees, then no one would have said a thing. But I think we all collectively have an understanding about Koscheck.

tito made a career out of being a dick

That's true. Still doesn't excuse what Griffin did. The guy ran out of the cage before the decision was announced, and then takes the mic away from Rogan and gives a cringey interview to Tito.

ahhh, sarcasm lol, its true about me being cooler than you though, so you got some of it right, also why street fights? why would i watch that? i love mma, just some fans i dont like (people like you)

Coulda sworn you and every fan you met liked scraps that disobey rules? Street fights seem to fit you just fine.

Sorry you dislike me for being a true fan of the sport.

Probably both.

I'm not trying to fighter bash. Anderson Silva is one of, if not THE, greatest MMA fighter of all time. But him trying to attack an opponent that he just illegally KO'd while the ref is holding him back doesn't make me respect him. Especially with how much he talks about respect.

Coulda sworn you and every fan you met liked scraps that disobey rules? Street fights seem to fit you just fine.

Sorry you dislike me for being a true fan of the sport.

you seem to be mistaking me, its fans like you i hate, not the sport, not the fighters and not the fights, please read until you get it :)

Yes they are. They also selectively ignore things of they like a certain fighter. The cage grab is the funniest for me. Some people here actually advocate dq's for cage grabs. It's hilarious.

Lol that is pretty funny. How exciting would fights be then when they can just suddenly end via lame dq over a random, instinctual cage grab? Don't blink!

This match and the Leties fight are IMHO cases where the UFC hype machine behind Silva actually makes him look at worse than he really is in terms of sportsmanship.

The Silva fanboy has to believe he was merely toying when Maia and Leites given how far above them he must be. The reality is more IMHO that both of them(espeically Maia) posed a significant threat to Anderson due to his weakness in takedown defence, Silva's answer to that was to limate his standup to trying to counter them. For me the dancing was really just trying to bait them into aggresion, it didnt work and we just got a standoff instead with neither man willing to take a risk.

100% this

Missed nut-shot's and missed eye-pokes that the reciever reacts to,and are clear as day not on point. I understand being hit near said area's can give the fighter the jump but it's when I see it happen more than once by said fighters or,even worse in the same fight.

Ok so why is GSP in your sig then?

Lesnar riding Herring in the dying seconds of their fight. Until then, for some reason I though Brock had dumped all the pro wrestling acting and shenanigans and was a different man given that after his loss to Fir, apart from a little "damn, you got me" smile, he never really showed much emotion, he just took it on the chin like you would expect a professional mixed martial artist to do.

That incident is sooooo taken out of context. Yes Brock acted like a fool (I don't know how anybody outside of the legions of die-hard Heath Herring huggers who couldn't have found that even remotely amusing) but Herring and talked massive amounts of shit before the fight that Brock didn't belong in the same ring as him before that fight. Brock was just getting the last laugh and I can't really knock him for that.

That incident is sooooo taken out of context. Yes Brock acted like a fool (I don't know how anybody outside of the legions of die-hard Heath Herring huggers who couldn't have found that even remotely amusing) but Herring and talked massive amounts of shit before the fight that Brock didn't belong in the same ring as him before that fight. Brock was just getting the last laugh and I can't really knock him for that.

herring talked lots of shit pre fight, if i was lesnar i would have acted exactly the same

i dont really like gnp when the guy is clearly already ktfo..
i accept the hbomb on bisping though

Back