In-Cage Moments that Ruin a Fighter for You

The fact that most sherdoggers have a stick up their ass about respect and honor is a product of watching too many martial arts movies as kids and applying their lessons to prize fighting. They are children at heart.

Although I'm still a fan, Anderson holding Chael's shorts with one hand and punching him with the other.

Then there's the greasing. That goes for GSP and Akiyama too.

average mma fan

Crying-baby-cartoon.jpg

The way Silva behaved towards Maia during their fight.

Frankly I could give two shits about respect or sportsmanship or anything. It's two guys trying put the other's lights out and I'm not gonna pretend it's anything else.

If anything, it's seeing guys totally give up. That always kind of turns me off as a fan. The most recent one I can think of is Charlie Brenneman vs Erick Silva. After he got dropped like the third time, it was obvious that he had no intention of getting back up. I don't dislike the guy or anything, I'm just saying, IDK, I lose the tiniest modicum of respect.

cant think of any

the only instances that come to mind are when people dont take a fight seriously, thats ridiculous, anything else is fine

baseline thought process would be, can i do better? if not, ill shut my mouth - i never think i can do better, so yea

BJ acting like a fool,licking blood off his gloves,no need for it.

its crazy, in person most fans of mma ive met are quite decent and love watching a good scrap, online they are a bunch of girls

ewwwwww girls! yeah, being into not applauding assholes is being a weakling. Beta-males everywhere!!!!! Eat stake and poke a dude in the eyes and don't apologize! :icon_lol:

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume people are mad at TS because he mentioned Anderson and they put their fighter-protector cape on.... even though he also mentioned Aoki.

Bispings illegal knee to Rivera for me, btw. And Aoki's thing was pretty f'n terrible.

BJ acting like a fool,licking blood off his gloves,no need for it.

Really? That shit pumps me up. Oldschool warrior to me.

GSP beating BJ into a stoppage.
I knew than GSP would do greath things.

The fact that most sherdoggers have a stick up their ass about respect and honor is a product of watching too many martial arts movies as kids and applying their lessons to prize fighting. They are children at heart.

Obviously you dont known anything about martial arts, discipline, respect and honor are primary skillset for a true martial artist. It s sad when those arent checked by some fighters, even worse to see that UFC its maintened by stupid audience that give strenght to clowns fighters. You are the kind of guy that i would like to teach something on the ring

i don't like it when mma fighters speak with britsh accents. it's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Who are your favorite fighters? I bet i can find something they've done in cage that's just as bad as what you described in the OP.

Yoshihiro Akiyama
Josh Koscheck
Mike Kyle
Bob Schrijber
Gerard Gourdeau
Gilbert Yvel
Caol Uno
Gary Goodridge
Branko Cikatic
Badr Hari

Taking someone down and holding them there without attemping to do damage

Back