1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

In all seriousness Warmachine should have been an example of Brain Damage from MMA

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by gspfedkobe24, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Azzy

Azzy Blue Belt

If anything should be used as evidence of mental illness then it should be the OPs post and responses to others on this thread.

2. RampageFaction

RampageFaction Brown Belt

There is definitely a segment who are drawn to it because of the violence, I totally agree. That’s a pretty good list you made there too. From their actions they all seem like the violent, bully type, especially Lombard. I try not to ever take pleasure in fighters getting brutally stopped or taking beatings, but from all the “gym bullying” I’ve read about Lombard I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy seeing him get tuned up and brutally KO’d.

3. Mcountry

Mcountry Blue Belt

Upon thorough review it is decided that her mud flaps resemble that of an arby's roast beef sandwich.

[​IMG]

This concludes my report.

4. csufwrestler

csufwrestler Purple Belt

Mayhem miller is legitimately insane. Karo suffers from anxiety. Matt Hughes was hit by a train. Great examples dip shit

vgff likes this.
  5. skylolow

skylolow Silver Belt

I think on some level you do have to in effect that your dealing with individuals who fight in a cage for a living and to do that takes a special kind of person. Usually someone a little off in their thoughts(if you get what I'm saying). For every level headed fighter(ie:GSP, DC, Rich Franklin, Askren) you got 50 Shamrocks, Mayhams, Diaz boys, etc etc types that are little different than most people. Pretty hard to say any of their behavior is directly related to getting punched in the head. When most probably had signs throughout their life that they are a little off at times.

P.S.: Even a guy like Hughes who on surface looks like he went off the deep end well after fighting. Was actually well known to be quite a prick back in his hay day. He always thought he was better than everyone and had a very entitled persona about him off camera. He rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. So his behavior today probably isn't a whole lot different than back in the day.

6. sissypunch

sissypunch I've got a small dick, and i'm an asshole.

Warmachine got his brain damaged by dating a professional whore.

7. keeley

keeley Sherdog Spell Checker

100% tony is schizophrenic.

Which has nothing to do with CTE, yet people see any mental issue as similar because "it's the brain, it's damaged".

Which is very wrong.

mma fans talking cte = antivaxers talking autism

8. wilKO

wilKO Green, White & Gold belt

Yeah. He's scum of the earth. But I am referring to the OP who said War Machine is an example of brain damage from MMA. When his issues are more related to him as a person due to his life and mental health. MMA was not to blame.

storeybuckle likes this.
  9. Superman Elbow

Superman Elbow Blue Belt

Mayhem is not insane, he's an example of Fame and drugs mixed with being a douche bag who loves attention. Just like steve o and Bam margera and the rest of those dudes who are pretty much a mess now (or were for a long time)

10. Superman Elbow

Superman Elbow Blue Belt

The paranoia is way more of a schizophrenia thing than a bipolar one. I mean come on, hearing voices in the walls and thinking your leg had a micro chip in it sounds exactly like something a schizophrenic person would say. Not a person with depression and mood swings like bipolar.

11. TallGHunter

TallGHunter Brown Belt

Spot on, this man gets it.
    I see douchebag as a rather polite description, but this is something I know a bit about . There are a fair number of fighters that are real chits for an excuse of a human.

Strijfy and djason1988 like this.
  12. vgff

vgff Orange Belt

Warmachine is an example of a bad childhood with bad rolemodels growing up, more than anything.

13. piropiro

piropiro Orange Belt

Lots of “crazy” people, mass murderers, sadists, maniacs, etc ... never did any contact sports. People are not only bad after they hit their heads.

14. vgff

vgff Orange Belt

a large amount of head trauma throughout a career is not something that gets healed by sleeping and "recovering" well. braincells don't regenerate

15. K-Town Punk

K-Town Punk The MaSheen

Is there any proof that damage from fighting affected him when he did what he did? If not, you're in no position to raise this excuse for him.

Everyone on this forum is at least a fan and maybe even a practitioner of a sport where we cheer on two human beings as they try to beat the living crap out of each other to the point where one physically cannot continue, either cause they're unconscious or would otherwise risk permanent damage to their body. Some for money and the entertainment of others, and some even for free. So maybe we should be careful with such judgments and wise enough not to make the same sort of close-minded condemnations many people make about us.

16. Ether13

Ether13 Green Belt

Never question the ethics of a fella who goes by the name War Machine

17. kevinramsdell

kevinramsdell Purple Belt

Depression and mood swings are just the start of a bi-polar disorder. You need to read the article all the way. He started complaining of these things due to his insomnia he was staying up for days at a time according to his wife’s report. Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean your schizophrenic especially when the symptoms to diagnose someone with schizophrenia require to you have those symptoms for at least 6 months consistently.

The dude isn’t crazy he has been very active on Instagram and Twitter, constantly posting pictures. Schizos don’t do that they refrain from social contact all together.

18. Mike K.O

Mike K.O Mystic Mike

Read something about the subject
    Then write
    You can grow new brain cells
    You have outdated info

19. MartinGibson86

MartinGibson86 Brown Belt

No...

just a scumbag. Lots of fighters have suffered way worse.

When did he ever get fucked up real bad?

20. dormammu

dormammu Purple Belt

Different culture, hard to judge