In all seriousness Warmachine should have been an example of Brain Damage from MMA

Too many individuals are forced to struggle on a daily basis with the devastating effects of brain injuries sustained in unavoidable circumstances. It is difficult for those families to comprehend why someone would willingly put themselves at risk of lifetime disability or death. If participants of MMA fully understood what it meant to lose a loved one or struggle to walk or feed yourself, perhaps they would think twice before entering the ring.
Maybe troubled individuals end up fighting for a living? Just a theory....
Since we're in make ish up out our ass University. 'Brain Damage' uh, I'm sure
his attorney's thought of that. seems nothing worked.

More Christy Mack because why not.

christy-mack.jpg

christy-mack-2609.jpg

4018-christy-mack-tattoo_large.jpeg

Christy-Mack-Feet-1697223.jpg
I’d give her a 2 on the “paper bag” scale....
1 for her and 1 for me.

If every person who’s ever fought professionally had beat there SO, it still wouldn’t be proof of TBI leading to violent behavior. Possibly ppl that are prone to violent behavior just happened to be also prone to domestic abuse. Personally I do believe TBI can lead to violent episodes, but I’d like to see more scientifically stringent studies on the matter other then just observing a handful of MMA fighters behavior.

These threads are retarded and should be banned imho.

Mental illnesses can obviously develop even without brain injuries, and genetics probably play the biggest role.

<LikeReally5>

So Matt’s not greatest example. I can agree with that.

Right on, I'm not really arguing against MMA causing brain trauma and there being a correlation between brain trauma and mood swings, impulsiveness, agression, poor decision making etc... That's all pretty accepted nowadays.

I'm just arguing against TS' poor ability to form a logically sound argument, to form a coherent sentence, to understand anecdotal vs statistically significant evidence, the scientific method etc.. etc..

Like War Machine could be a fuck up because of MMA, or he could just be a fuck up. There is no way to test or prove that.
Same as a historically significant storm blowing through a city. Climate Change is proven based on scientific methods, and models show that change will lead to more historic storms. But that doesn't mean that THIS one particular storm is directly caused by climate change.

Ya I bet over 80% of fighters say it was a tough up bringing.....Ya guess what that's the real world son %80 of the panet thinks their up bringing was brutal! Your point????

His mum was a drug addict who left him to raise his siblings whilst he was a kid and he watched his dad die whilst he tried to perform CPR on him. Keep trolling buddeh.

Too many individuals are forced to struggle on a daily basis with the devastating effects of brain injuries sustained in unavoidable circumstances. It is difficult for those families to comprehend why someone would willingly put themselves at risk of lifetime disability or death. If participants of MMA fully understood what it meant to lose a loved one or struggle to walk or feed yourself, perhaps they would think twice before entering the ring.
Every time someone does a bad thing they get an excuse if they’re involved in a sport that gives damage. The old Hernandez excuse. The poor boy suffered from cte!!

I haven’t read his book, but from what I’ve heard Matt wasn’t the greatest person before the train accident. Add to that some have speculated he was trying to commit suicide by train which is something that CTE is known to cause.

Based on his book Matt Hughes was an asshole before he got into mma. But I think the abusing his wife part is new and post train accident.

Based on his book Matt Hughes was an asshole before he got into mma. But I think the abusing his wife part is new and post train accident.
Yeah I’ve already said he’s not a good example. It’s because we don’t really know if he abused his wife or previous partners. That’s not really something you write about in a book or talk about in general. It’s possible he has been abusive to his wife in the past or past partners but even then it would be impossible to attribute it to head trauma vs just being an abusive prick.

Will need to investigate. Will get back to you after thorough study with a very informed opinion...

Lemme know what you think. Looks like shreds of roast beef that hang down a bit to far. I’ll overlook it because that butt is scrumptious however.

From Mayham Miller to Karo Parisyan to you name it Matt Hughes and I can go on and on........Just sad :(

I wonder though, how many had undiagnosed mental problems/violent tempers prior to fighting?

I’m sure a significant number since in normal populations many go undiagnosed. Fighting attracts those who crave physical engagement.

Lemme know what you think. Looks like shreds of roast beef that hang down a bit to far. I’ll overlook it because that butt is scrumptious however.

This type of research is important and cannot be rushed sherbro.

Its important that i get this right.

He’s more than just head trauma....

I disagree. Even I’m misunderstanding what your argument is then feel free to correct me. MMA May attract violent people but it sounds like you’re saying the majority involved are violent people. I disagree with that. If you’re saying that MMA cannot cause you to be more violent via head trauma then I would say the facts disagree with you. This is just one source but there are more studies that show the effects of “subconcussive” head trauma. If you don’t have time to read the full article, one of the examples of subconcussive trauma is a soccer header.

“Their findings are consistent with the rest of the research on subconcussive blows: the athletes who took more were at greater risk for mood and behavior problems later in life.”

https://concussionfoundation.org/CTE-resources/subconcussive-impacts
I agree with your point, it's the only part that is different. I think brain trauma is a problem. I also think that only a percentage of people in MMA are violent. I'm saying it's the violent aspect of the sport that draws that type of person into the sport. For example, I don't expect Rich Franklin to be physically assaulting anybody. Thiago Silva, Hector Lombard, War Machine, Julian Lane (Let me Bang Bro) are a different story.

Back